- Tuesday is the last day to cast an early ballot in local city and county elections. Election Day is May 5. Find more local election-related information at communityimpact.com/vote.
City and county
- Pearland City Council will have a special meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday to review proposals for the 2019 bond program. The goal of this meeting will be to finalize a priority list of contracts to move forward to the engineering stage for design and cost estimates. The current list includes road improvements, parks and trails projects and a library building for Shadow Creek Ranch.
- Friendswood's Community and Economic Development Committee will meet at 3:30 Wednesday in the second floor conference room of city hall, 910 S. Friendswood Drive.
- The Pearland ISD Board of Trustees has a workshop meeting scheduled for 3:30 p.m. Thursday at 928 North Main, Pearland.
- The Alvin ISD Board of Trustees has a budget workshop meeting at noon Wednesday in Room 327, Tommy King Administration Building, 301 E. House St., Alvin.
- Growler USA held its Friendswood grand opening on April 27. The pub has 100 beers on tap, including many local brews.
- HealthSouth hospital has now officially rebranded as Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Pearland. The facility opened just a few months ago.
- A branch of Farmers Insurance in Pearland is celebrating 40 years of service in the month of May. The firm has several events planned to mark the milestone.
- The sales tax holiday for emergency preparation supplies ends at midnight on Monday. Another date to remember: Hurricane season begins June 1.
- The Pearland Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Pearland Chamber of Commerce will host the Pearland Travel Rally Block Party from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at Pearland Town Center, 11200 Broadway Street. The free event, which include local food trucks Space City Spudz and Nacho Nachos, will provide information about the hospitality and tourism industry in Pearland.