The court meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
- Harris County Administration Building, 1001 Preston St., Houston
Terms and compensation
Commissioners serve four-year terms with no limits and are paid $149,568 per year.
Big decisions made in 2012
- SOB regulations — Changes to the county's sexually oriented business regulations were approved, making it easier to crack down on illegal activity.
- Hwy. 290 construction — A memorandum of understanding will allow Hwy. 290 to be improved years ahead of schedule.
Top issues for 2013
- Hwy. 249 progress — Work is slated to begin in the fall on the first phase of Hwy. 249 from Spring Cypress Road to FM 2920 in Tomball.
- Port of Houston Authority — In early January, Harris County Commissioners appointed Janiece Longoria to chair the POHA board. She is the first woman to serve in the position.