Pearland ISD hosting job fair for bus drivers in July

Pearland ISD's "Ride & Drive" job fair will be held at the Pearland ISD Stadium visitor parking lot located on Pearland Parkway and Oiler Drive. (Courtesy of Pearland ISD)
Pearland ISD's "Ride & Drive" job fair will be held at the PISD Stadium visitor parking lot located on Pearland Parkway and Oiler Drive. (Courtesy of Pearland ISD)

The Pearland ISD Transportation Department will hold a job fair for bus drivers on July 14 from 8-11 a.m. at the PISD Stadium's visitor side parking lot.

“We are looking for people to join our team who care about our students and are committed to partnering for their success,” Transportation Director Keith Kaup said in a news release sent out by the school district.

School buses will be on-site to provide those that attend a first-hand experience of what it is like to be behind the wheel, according to the release. There will also be transportation and human resources staff available to answer questions and conduct on-site interviews.

PISD is offering qualified candidates a starting pay of $17 per hour for a six-hour day, according to the release. The district also offers insurance benefits, paid training and testing for a commercial driver’s license.
By Andy Yanez

Reporter, Pearland/Friendswood

Andy joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in June 2021 after graduating with a degree in journalism from the University of Houston. He started off as the South Houston Metro Reporter where he helped each different edition in the South Houston market before transitioning to the Pearland/Friendswood market in August 2021. Andy covers education, local government, transportation, business, real estate development and nonprofits in these communities. Prior to CI, Andy served as the sports editor of The Cougar, UH's student newspaper, where he covered the university's athletics beat for two years and got to cover the 2021 NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four in Indianapolis.

The Woodlands Township meetings are held at the township building on Technology Forest Boulevard. (Andrew Christman/Community Impact Newspaper)
The Woodlands Township plans Sept. 23 information session on incorporation

Here's what to expect at the information session about incorporation on Sept. 23 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center.

Council members Charlie Bradt (left) and Ted Fletcher (right) discuss asking the city's municipal development district for additional funding during a Sept. 22 meeting. (Andrew Christman/Community Impact Newspaper)
Shenandoah City Council discusses additional costs for Holly Hill Park construction

Inflation and the cost of materials has increased the estimated cost of the project by about $120,000.

At a Sept. 22 workshop, a proposal came up that could make Conroe a certified local government. (Community Impact Newspaper staff)
City of Conroe considering Texas Historical Commission Certification

At a Sept. 22 workshop, a proposal came up that could make Conroe a certified local government.

Costa is next door to La Francesita Gourmet Bakery Cafe. (Ally Bolender/Community Impact Newspaper)
Locally-owned chicken restaurant Costa now open on Woodlands Parkway

The Costa menu features a whole chicken, half chicken, boneless chicken breast, chicken caesar salad and chicken sandwich.

The locally owned and -operated office offers family dentistry and cosmetic dentistry services. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Spring Green Family Dental now open in Katy

The locally owned and -operated office offers family dentistry and cosmetic dentistry services.

Orangetheory Fitness opened its new Fulshear location Sept. 10. (Holly Galvan/Community Impact Newspaper)
Orangetheory Fitness now open in Fulshear

Orangetheory offers membership-based group workout classes.

Casa Nomad will open Sept. 23 in the M-K-T Heights development at 600 N. Shepherd Drive, Houston. (Courtesy Michael Anthony)
Casa Nomad opens Sept. 23 at M-K-T Heights development

The eatery is coming soon from the same hospitality trio behind Wicklow Heights.

Lone Star College System is adding a fourth baccalaurete program. (Andy Li/Community Impact Newspaper)
'There’s always going to be another emergency or another disaster:' Lone Star College begins process to add fourth bachelor's program

Lone Star College System is in the process of adding a baccalaureate program in emergency management to provide additional options for students seeking higher education.

The city of Tomball announced the hiring of three officials at its Sept. 20 city council meeting. (Anna Lotz/Community Impact Newspaper)
City of Tomball hires new community development director, fire chief, assistant city manager

Interim Fire Chief Joe Sykora will become the full-time fire chief, while the other two positions are being filled by candidates outside the city.

Houston resident Marissa Hanson spoke on keeping tax rates low during the Harris County Commissioners Court public hearing on Sept. 21. (Emily Lincke/Community Impact Newspaper)
Harris County Commissioners propose tax cuts at cost of Harris Health System funding

On average, Harris County homeowners may see lower tax rates in the next year, but it will come at the cost of $17 million in funding for the county’s hospital district, according to Harris County Administrator David Berry.

Zip lining and obstacle courses are among the activities available to visitors at Big Rivers Waterpark and Adventures in New Caney. (Courtesy of Big Rivers Waterpark and Adventures)
Big Rivers Waterpark and Adventures to open with reduced ticket prices this fall for 'Aquatoberfest'

The cost of day passes at Big Rivers Waterpark and Adventures will be reduced from $24.99 to $14.99 throughout the event, officials said in a Sept. 21 news release.

A new collaborative joint research building is in the works that will be housed on Texas Medical Center’s new life science campus. (Courtesy Elkus Manfredi Architects)
Texas Medical Center: Fall 2023 completion announced for research hub for life science campus expansion project

A new research building is underway that will be located in the heart of a future 37-acre TMC3 campus.