The final list of projects includes 38 projects that were suggested by residents in a series of meetings held throughout the Greater Houston area this summer. HCFCD officials will present the list of projects to the Harris County Commissioners Court at its Aug. 14 meeting.
HCFCD officials plan to use the bond funds to fully finance some local projects, such as general drainage improvements, but the majority of the bond money will be used as a local match for federal funding HCFCD receives.
Below are the projects HCFCD officials have identified in the Lake Houston area. Find the full list of projects here.
- Purchase of about 470 buildings: $28.2 million
- Design and construction of additional gates on Lake Houston dam: $20 million
- San Jacinto River watershed study: $625,000
- Design and construction of flood reduction projects identified in San Jacinto River watershed study: $18.75 million
- Dredging of Lake Houston and the West Fork and East Fork of the San Jacinto River: $10 million
- Design and construction of conveyance improvements along Panther Creek: $10 million
- General drainage improvements near Kingwood: $10 million
- General drainage improvements near Atascocita: $10 million
- General drainage improvements east of Lake Houston: $10 million
- General drainage improvements near Huffman: $10 million
- Design and construction of subdivision drainage improvements: $1.61 million
- Repair of infrastructure damaged by Hurricane Harvey: $120,000
- Investigation of potential detention sites near the Glendale dredge site: $50,000
Early voting for the election runs from Aug. 8-21. Find early voting locations near you here.