Trustees in positions 3, 4 and 5 will be on this year’s ballot. Those seats are currently held by Wendy Sharp, Ricky Warwick and Chad Turner, respectively.
The following candidates filed for the Nov. 2 election:
- Incumbent Sharp, a local family nurse practitioner, was elected to the board in 2018. She has lived within the Position 3 boundaries for eight years.
- Challenger Oscar Ramirez Jr. is a field service manager who has lived within the Position 3 boundaries for 31 years.
- Incumbent Warwick, a police officer, was elected to the board in 2018. He has lived within the Position 4 boundaries for 43 years.
- Challenger Angela Tompkins, a pharmacist, has lived within Position 4 boundaries for 40 years.
- Incumbent Turner, a local business owner, was elected to the board in 2012. Turner has resided in Texas for 47 years.
- Challenger Dennis Alters, a manager at Tejas Gas Control, has lived within the Position 5 boundaries for nine years.
For more information about the district’s upcoming election, visit www.newcaneyisd.org/page/118.