Weather in the Greater Houston area this weekend will start out stormy Friday afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. Drivers should be careful when driving Friday evening due to the weather conditions and should be aware of lane closures throughout the weekend.
Here are five area lane closures drivers should be aware of this weekend, according to TranStar and the Texas Department of Transportation:
1. The Loop 610 North westbound frontage road will be closed from Shepherd to Airline drives through April 30. Closures are in effect from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day with alternating lanes available for travel, but traffic will be slowed as lanes converge.
2. The Beltway 8 south eastbound and westbound frontage road U-turn lanes will be closed at FM 865 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. through Thursday, April 19 for maintenance and construction.
3. The Hwy. 290 westbound entrance ramp from FM 529 will be closed through Friday, April 20 at 5 a.m. for construction. Travelers are advised to remain on the access road and take the next ramp to get onto the highway.
4. The Loop 610 West southbound frontage road will be closed between Westpark Drive and Fournace Place through July 28 for construction.
5. The I-45 northbound exit ramp at Broad Street will be closed through Dec. 31 for construction. Northbound traffic should take the Telephone exit then take a U-turn to access Broad Street.