The miniparade—which features a fire truck, Santa’s sleigh on top a high-water vehicle and an SUV—travels to different Katy neighborhoods on evenings between Dec. 2-18, KFD Administrative Assistant Laura Wylie said.
Santa and his elves leave Fire Station No. 1 at 1417 Ave. D, Katy, at 6:30 p.m., Wylie said. Upon Santa’s arrival at a neighborhood, sirens, bells and music ring in the air, and families can wave to Santa. His elves pick up canned goods, which are donated to the Katy Food Pantry, and unwrapped toys, which are donated to the Lions Club and Toys for Tots, she added.
Here is the schedule for the 2019 KFD Santa Tours:
- Dec. 2: Patricia Lane, Fern Lane, Ash Lane, Birch Lane, Victoria Lakes Drive, Danover Road, North Woods Lane, South Woods Lane and Falcon Point Apartments
- Dec. 3: First Street, East Avenue, Avenue A, Avenue B, Avenue C, 11th Street, 13th Street, Pine Meadows subdivision and Whispering Lakes
- Dec. 4: East Avenue, Airline Drive, Heights Drive, Drexel Drive, Katyland, Heritage Meadows and Katy Manor Apartments
- Dec. 6: Lilac Street, Town Park Boulevard, Pineview Terrace, Heritage Park West, Fortuna Drive, Patna Drive, Carson Drive, Village Green Drive, Elder Road and Carson Drive
- Dec. 9: Green Meadows Lane, Gardenia Lane, Delfren Lane, Dahlia Lane, Iris Lane and Enclave at Katy
- Dec. 10: Fawn Lake Drive, Pine Lakes, Magnolia Street, Redbud Street, East Elm Circle, West Elm Circle, Huntington Court, Hunters Terrace and Manorwood Drive.
- Dec. 11: Woodcreek Reserve, Wooded Hollow Court, Reserve at Katy and Avalon at Spring Green
- Dec. 12: Cane Island subdivision
- Dec. 16: Willow Creek Farms North, Willow Creek Farms South, Willow Creek Farms West and Young Ranch
- Dec 17: Firethorne subdivision
- Dec 18: Firethorne subdivision
A map of the routes will be posted on the KFD’s Facebook page each day a miniparade is held: www.facebook.com/KatyFireDept/
If families are unable to attend the miniparade by their home on the selected date, they can donate the goods and toys at KFD Fire Station No. 1 or No. 2, located at 25420 Bell Patna Drive, Katy, Wylie said.