Beginning June 8, the meal distribution site located at Golbow Elementary School, 3535 Lakes of Bridgewater Drive, Katy, will be relocated about 0.2 miles to McDonald Junior High, 3635 Lakes of Bridgewater Drive, Katy, per the release.
The district decided to move the summer curbside meal pickup location because Golbow Elementary is undergoing construction, according to the release.
Between June 1-30, KISD is providing a curbside service to give free breakfasts and lunches to children age 18 and younger in the Katy area. The district started the service March 16—after KISD temporarily closed campuses due to the coronavirus—and has served a total of 914,041 meals.
Breakfast and lunch from KISD can be picked up at the following locations between 9-11:30 a.m. Monday-Thursday:
- Mayde Creek High School, 19202 Groeschke Road, Houston;
- McDonald Junior High School, 3635 Lakes of Bridgewater Drive, Katy;
- Memorial Parkway Elementary School, 21603 Park Tree Lane, Katy;
- Opportunity Awareness Center School, 1732 Katyland Drive, Katy;
- Paetow High School, 23111 Stockdick School Road, Katy;
- Schmalz Elementary School, 18605 Green Land Way,
- Sundown Elementary School, 20100 Saums Road, Katy; and
- West Memorial Elementary School, 22605 Provincial Blvd, Katy.
Additionally, nonprofit Be A Champion Inc. is providing free meals at two locations, according to the release:
- Free dinners at Morton Ranch High School, 21000 Franz Road, Katy, 4-6 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Free breakfasts, lunches and dinners at Bear Creek Elementary School, 4815 Hickory Downs Drive, Houston, 9-11:30 a.m. Monday-Thursday
On Thursdays at Bear Creek Elementary, the pickup will include meals for Friday-Sunday.
If residents need help finding a nearby meal site, they can call 211, text "FOODTX" to 877-877 or visit www.summerfood.org, according to the release.