The district said in the release it will continue online learning. Free meals to Katy-area students will also continue to be provided.
“The district will need to evaluate the timeline of future initiatives and events, such as Bond 2020, [University Interscholastic League] competitions and high school graduations,” the release states. “With the balance of the school year unclear, Katy ISD is currently reviewing these items and anticipates being in the position to release further information closer to the end of April.”
KISD first announced it would postpone the return of students from spring break on March 12. It later extended this temporary closure through April 13.
Here is the latest from other Katy-area charter and private schools:
- Aristoi Classical Academy is closed through April 10 as of March 30, per its website.
- Calvin Nelms Charter Schools has suspended normal operations through May 4, per its website as of 5:30 p.m. March 31.
- Faith West Academy is providing virtual learning for students through April 3, per a March 17 Facebook post.
- Harmony School of Innovation-Katy is offering online classes only until further notice, per a pop-up on its website as of 5:30 p.m., March 31
- Harmony Science Academy-Katy is offering online classes only until further notice, per a pop-up on its website as of 5:30 p.m., March 31
- International Leadership of Texas-Katy has been closed indefinitely, per a March 17 letter from the charter school's superintendent.
- St. John XXIII College Preparatory will remain closed through April 10 and welcome students back April 13, per its website as of 5:30 p.m. March 31.