Local, national and global leaders are ordering cities to close bars and clubs. Restaurants are opting to reduce hours, change takeout policies and increase sanitation standards.
In the Katy area, Harris County ordered all bars to close and restaurants to only offer takeout or delivery beginning 8 a.m. March 17. Fort Bend County made the same order beginning at midnight March 17.
These decisions were made based on recommendations to limit all gatherings to 10 people or less.
Below is a noncomprehensive list of businesses changing their operations as of March 17.
Is there a business we missed that is adjusting to the outbreak? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-989-6808.
- Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant located at 24600 Katy Freeway, Ste. 1020, Katy is offering takeout, curbside and delivery. The eatery is now closing at 8 p.m.
- Abu Omar Halal, a food truck located at 1950 N Fry Road, Katy, is open and offering delivery services through Uber Eats and Grubhub. There are no more than five or six people at a time allowed to pick up food as of March 18.
- Alibabba Cuisine, a Mediterranean and Venezuelan fusion restaurant, is offering takeout, pick-up and delivery services through Doordash, GrubHub or Speedy Food. The eatery is located at 9006 S. Fry Road, Katy.
- Algeria, the Brazilian restaurant located at 24449 Katy Freeway, Ste. 700, Katy is now open until 3 p.m. and only offering takeout as of March 19. Delivery services within a 10-mile radius will begin March 20.
- Astor Farm to Table at 1520 S. Mason Road, Katy, is only offering pickup services from 8 a.m.-8:30 p.m. and delivery services from 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Dining in will not be available for at least two weeks. Owner Casey Castro is offering a family special to feed about 4 people during lunch and dinner. Customers cam choose from five specials in South African, Argentinian or Venezuelan cuisine.
- Black Bear Diner locations, including one in Katy at 24600 Katy Freeway, Ste. 900, are offering takeout, curbside pickup and delivery through DoorDash, Uber Eats and Postmates platforms, according to a March 19 press release. The restaurants are open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Dairy Queen at 983 S. Mason Road, Katy, is only allowing customers to place to-go orders. The drive-thru is also open. All Texas Dairy Queen locations postponed free cone day on March 17 to avoid large crowds.
- Dish Society at 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd Ste D100, Katy, is serving customers through to-go, curbside and drive-thru options, per a March 17 Facebook post. The brand’s locations have set up makeshift drive-thrus and pickup stations. It also encouraged guests to use Uber Eats, Doordash and Favor platforms for delivery.
- El Kourmet has two locations in the Katy area. The Venezuelan restaurant is allowing customers to call food orders for pickup at its drive-thru. It also offer delivery services through GrubHub and UberEats. One location is at 25757 Westheimer Parkway, Ste. 100, Katy and the other at 3939 N. Fry Road C, Katy.
- Firehouse Subs restaurants have suspended dining room service, according to a March 19 press release. Instead the restaurants are offering to-go meals, counter service for takeout orders, drive-thru services, online ordering, call-in orders and third-party delivery services. Additionally, the locations have implemented changes to operational procedures to reduce physical contact for guests. The Katy-area as two locations at 25551 Kingsland Blvd. and 20900 Katy Freeway.
- First Cup Coffee at 11525 S. Fry Road, Ste. 110, Fulshear, is operating as usual, open for drive-thru and sit-down meals.
- Fusion Grill at 1453 S. Mason Road, Katy, is still open during regular hours and offering dine-in to customers as well as takeout and delivery.
- Golden China at 26440 FM 1093, Ste. B150, Richmond, is offering takeout services only. Dine-in and delivery options are not available.
- HotBits - Indian Tasty Bites at 25230 FM 1093, Ste. B, Katy, was closed on Tuesday, March 17, when online hours suggest the restaurant is normally open.
- The Hub on 1st, at 5614 1st St, Katy, is offering short-term, reduced memberships for its cowering spaces as of March 19 through the end of April. Owner Tara Wilson said she is limiting the number of members to ensure safe social-distancing practices to accommodate those in our community who must continue to work and need a space to do so. Monthly memberships are currently reduced to $120 per month and dedicated desks to $200 per month. This offer is only for The Hub on 1st—The Hub on 4th is full, Wilson said.
- Jersey Mike's Subs at 6445 FM 1463, Ste. 200, Katy, is only accepting takeout orders, but customers can go inside to place orders.
- Katy Mills is closed effective 7 p.m. March 18 through March 29, according to a press release from the mall’s owner Simon Property Group.
- Kurrywalah Fine Indian Cuisine at 1830 S. Mason Road, Ste. 165, Katy is offering to-go orders and delivery services through UberEats, Grubhub and Speedy Food.
- LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch, located at 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd., Katy, temporarily modified its shopping center hours beginning March 17, per its website. The new hours are: Mon.-Sat. 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun. Noon-6 p.m. LaCenterra urged guests to call ahead to specific tenants before visiting to check whether their hours are different.
- La Estancia Italian Restaurant, located at 5361 E. 5th St, Katy, is offering pick-up orders only. Regular sized meals or family trays are available.
- Both La Finca Mexican Restaurant locations in the Katy area, are operating business as usual, until ordered to do otherwise. Customers can request curbside pickup. One location is at 23930 Westheimer Parkway, Ste. 108, Katy and the other is at 6734 N. Westheimer Lakes N. Drive, Ste. 106, Katy.
- La Hacienda Real at 11605 S. Fry Road, Ste. 101, Fulshear, is open for dining in as of March 17. However, the restaurant is not accepting groups of more than six people at one table and set a capacity at no more than 50 people total, including waiting staff. Management is trying to sit people as far away from each other as possible as well as disinfecting menus, doors as frequently as possible. The eatery is also offering takeout and delivery services.
- Luna y Sol Mexican Grill at 9115 FM Road 723, Ste. 500, Richmond, is still welcoming 50 dine-in guests at a time but closely monitoring Fort Bend County guidelines in case more restrictions are ordered or recommended.
- Palinuro Italian Cuisine located at 27131 Cinco Ranch Blvd, Ste. 650, Katy is still offering to-go orders and delivery services.
- Pane e Vino at 8945 S Fry Road, Ste. A, Katy, will continue operating at regular times but will start implementing to-go and free delivery services within a 7-mile radius. Deliveries further than 7 miles will incur a $5 charge.
- Patsy’s Pet Market, 1644 S. Mason Road, Katy, has adjusted its hours and is offering curbside pickup, according to its website as of March 19. Customers are encouraged to call ahead and allow at least 30 minutes for staff to fulfill the order. The business also offers express delivery for pet food and supplies with a minimal order of $49. Patsy’s new hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Peli Peli locations will only offer curbside, take-out and delivery until March 23. The Katy-area South African restaurant is located at 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd., Ste. R140, Katy.
- Perry's Steakhouse & Grille is offering its to-go menu for curbside pickup at 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd., Ste. q100, Katy, according to a March 16 Facebook post. Two-course lunches are available Mon.-Sun. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Three-course dinners are available Mon.-Sat. 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Phat Eatery at 23119 Colonial Parkway, Ste. B2, Katy, is offering delivery services and 15% off all takeout orders until the end of March as of March 16.
- Pier 36 Seafood & Oyster Bar at 8502 FM 359, Fulshear, started offering curbside pickup and removed tables inside to practice social distancing at about 50% capacity. Staff is also frequently disinfecting menus and all areas with bleach water.
- Rosati's Pizza at 9111 FM Road, Ste. 250, Richmond, is offering pickup, no-contact delivery and curbside pickup. Sit-down service is still available with plenty of space to sit at a distance from other customers as of March 17, until instructed to do otherwise.
- Salata at 1230 N. Mason Road, Ste. 200, Katy, is still accepting sit-down customers as of March 17 but is temporarily changing operation hours to Monday to Saturday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and offering free delivery from March 16-22.
- Spring Creek Barbeque locations at 21000 Katy Freeway, Katy, and 26802 FM 1093, Katy, are open for sit-down and takeout services.
- Stage Stores' brands have adjusted their store operating hours, per a March 18 press release. The new hours are: Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun. noon to 6 p.m. The Katy-area has one Palais Royal location at 6729 S. Fry Road, Katy.
- Taco Cabana is offering free delivery through April 3 through the MyTC! App, www.tacocabana.com and Uber Eats. The dining is temporarily closed until further notice, but the front counter and drive-thru remain open from 6 a.m.-10 p.m. There are two locations in the Katy area.
- Texas Tradition at 5321 Highway Blvd., Ste. 1306, Katy, is taking takeout orders, which will be delivered to customer vehicles.
- Thai Spice Asian Gourmet located at 1420 Mason Road, Ste. 170, Katy, is taking to-go orders only. Delivery services are available through online platforms such as Doordash, Uber Eats and GrubHub.
- Tobiuo Sushi & Bar at 23501 Cinco Ranch, Ste. H130, Katy, is offering preset meals and its full menu—with a 20% discount—for to-go orders and curbside pickup, per a March 17 Facebook post. The business also cancelled its events including a maki class on March 26 and fish box dinner on March 31.
- Tropical Diner West, a Jamaican restaurant, is located at 3111 N. Fry Road, Katy, and is offering takeout as well as delivery services through online platforms such as GrubHub and Uber Eats.
- Victor's Mexican Grille at 8525 FM 359, Ste. 300, Fulshear, is only offering curbside delivery and take-out for meals and margaritas, per a March 18 Facebook post. It is also offering family packs, which include various sides with dishes. Its new hours are as follows: Sun.-Mon 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m., Tues.-Thurs 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Fri.-Sat., 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m.