Items can be put on hold through the library website or by phone, with pickup available at 10 neighborhood locations. An email or phone notification will alert the customer when items are ready, and library staffers will bring materials out to the customer's car for pickup. Walk-up visitors and bicycle riders will also be served.
HPL staffers will wear masks and gloves, and all returned items will be held for 72 hours before becoming available again, according to HPL.
Here are the neighborhood locations with curbside service.
- Bracewell Neighborhood Library, 9002 Kingspoint Drive, 832-393-2580
- Collier Regional Library, 6200 Pinemont Drive, 832-393-1740
- Heights Neighborhood Library, 1302 Heights Blvd., 832-393-1810
- Jungman Neighborhood Library, 5830 Westheimer Road, 832-393-1860
- McGovern-Stella Link Regional Library, 7405 Stella Link Road, 832-393-2630
- Park Place Regional Library, 8145 Park Place, 832-393-1970
- Robinson-Westchase Neighborhood Library, 3223 Wilcrest Drive, 832-393-2011
- Scenic Woods Regional Library, 10677 Homestead Road, 832-393-2030
- Tuttle Neighborhood Library, 702 Kress St., 832-393-2100
- Young Neighborhood Library, 5107 Griggs Road, 832-393-2140
The BOOKLINK book dispenser in One Allen Center, 500 Dallas St., Houston, will also be a pickup location for materials requested from the Central Library.
Hours of service at each library location will be: Mon. noon-7 p.m., Wed. 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Fri. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m.