Feb. 3-12: Watch a local production
Class Act Theater will be performing Disney’s Descendents, the Musical. Based on the adaptation by Nick Blaemire, attendees will be able to watch local performers bring the wicked world to life on stage.
- Tickets are not on sale yet.
- 25275 Budde Road, Spring.
- 281-941-8500. www.classactproductions.org
“KOOZA” is a kid-friendly show that celebrates the origin of Cirque du Soleil and the celebration of two circus traditions—acrobatic performance and the art of clowning. Guests will see daredevil performances and bold slapstick comedy under the Big Top at Sam Houston Race Park. Previously blue and yellow, the now white and gray Big Top has been redesigned to be eco-friendly.
- Times vary.
- Sam Houston Race Park, 7575 N. Sam Houston Parkway W., Houston.
- 877-924-7783. www.cirquedusoleil.com
The Woodlands Art Gallery and Woodlands Art League is hosting an art exhibition open to the public through March 14. The theme of the exhibit is “Shadows & Reflections,” and viewers will be allowed to purchase the artwork.
- 5-8 p.m.
- The Woodlands Art Gallery & Studios, 208 Nursery Road, The Woodlands.
- 832-668-5340. www.woodlandsartandstudios.com
The sixth annual Lone Star Luau is coming to Margaritaville in Montgomery. The event will include a lineup of Texas country and trop rock artists as well as Nashville songwriters.
- Times vary.
- Margaritaville Lake Resort, 600 Margaritaville Parkway, Montgomery.
The Tomball High School Senior Parent Organization 2023 will be hosting a bingo bonanza event that will include bingo, dinner, raffle prizes and a silent auction.
- 6-9 p.m.
- Tickets start at $60.
- Tomball Event Center, 20235 Cypress Rosehill Road, Tomball.
The Magnolia Fire Department will host a blood drive at Station No. 181 with donors receiving a free pullover and Mardi Gras ticket in Galveston.
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Magnolia Fire Department Station No. 181, 18215 Buddy Riley Blvd., Magnolia.
Mercy House Global is hosting two walk-in candle-pouring classes that come with 90 minutes of instruction, the fragrance of choice and a 12-ounce candle vessel. Candles can be picked up two days after the class.
- 10 a.m. and 1 pm.
- Mercy House Global, 418 Main St., Tomball.
Shop more than 75 local artists at this annual Valentine’s Artisan Market featuring live music, food trucks, craft beer and photo opportunities.
- Noon-5 p.m.
- Megaton Brewery, 808 Russell Palmer Road, Kingwood.
- 346-600-5166. www.texasartisanmarkets.com
Ingenious Brewing Co. will host a “Mario Kart” tournament, during which participants will compete in a bracket-style competition. Prizes will be awarded to first and second place winners.
- 2-6 p.m.
- Ingenious Brewing Co., 1986 S. Houston Ave., Humble.
- 832-412-2142. www.ingeniousbeer.com
Community members can join the Cypress-Woodlands Junior Forum in celebrating 40 years of volunteer services and philanthropy in a celebration. The CWJF is an organization of women which focuses on services such as local scholarships, elderly care and disability awareness.
- 5-8 p.m.
- The Peach Orchard Venue, 1737 Sawdust Road, The Woodlands.
- 281-379-1931. www.cwjuniorforum.org