- MD Anderson Cancer Center released non-essential staff as of 3:30 p.m. Appointments for patients have been postponed.
- Houston Independent School district canceled all classes for Friday, Feb. 28. It previously canceled after-school activities on Thursday.
- The Houston Health Department has ordered all restaurants that do not have running water and flushing toilets to close. Public health workers are being dispatched to affected areas.
- The University of St. Thomas canceled all classes around 2:30 p.m.
- The University of Houston canceled all classes and campus operations around 3 p.m.
- Harris County has closed four voting locations: Houston Community College Southeast, Young Neighborhood Library, Harris County Law Library and Texas Southern University
- The Houston Municipal Court System closed as of 2 p.m. and will reopen at 8 a.m. Feb. 28.
- The Houston Zoo
- UHCL at the Texas Medical Center
- Texas Southern University
- UH-Downtown main campus
- Harris Health has closed nine clinic locations
- The Texas Medical Center Library
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- All Harris County buildings located downtown
- Houston Community College campuses: HCC Coleman College, HCC West Loop Campus, HCC Felix Fraga Academic Campus, HCC Central Campus
- The Montrose Center
- Rice University has closed all facilities west of Alumni Drive and all classes are canceled after 5 p.m. and are expected to resume Friday morning.
- While not closed, Rice University's BioScience Research Collaborative reports that water is not available for laboratory activities.
Area restaurants reporting closures:
- El Tiempo (Richmond)
- Good Dog Hot Dog (Montrose)
- El Mexicana (Montrose)
- Rice Village reports some retailers and restaurants may be affected
- Sticky's Chicken
Refresh this page for the latest updates.
Additional information about the incident is being provided by Houston's Emergency Operations Center.