On March 8, the parks department reopened its baseball and softball fields for both youth and adults.
Beginning March 22, the parks department will begin allowing the following activities:
- sports fields for league games and tournaments for youth and adult baseball and softball;
- outdoor exercise stations;
- tennis courts for tournaments;
- small picnic pavilion rentals;
- small bootcamps; and
- Lake Houston Wilderness Park’s archery range and playground areas.
The next week, beginning March 29, the parks department will add the following:
- other sports fields for league games and tournaments (soccer, football and lacrosse fields—youth and adults);
- basketball rim installations begin;
- soccer mini-pitch courts;
- Houston Parks and Recreation Department adult sports leagues; and
- Houston Parks and Recreation Department youth sports leagues (Soccer for Success, H-Town Academy, and Greater Houston Police Activities League).
Until further notice the following facilities remain closed to the public:
- 40 community centers;
- swimming pools;
- Metropolitan Multi-Service Center (except for outdoor activities);
- North Wayside Sports Center; and
- Lake Houston Wilderness Park’s dining hall, group camping sites and group lodges.
All openings are contingent on COVID-19 case numbers, according to the parks department.