Many of these commercial or residential projects were announced or in progress last year. Here’s what is happening now.
1. The Woodlands Development Company opened the 66-acre Hughes Landing on Lake Woodlands in 2015. The development features office buildings, retail, a hotel and Restaurant Row. New tenants expected to open in 2016 on Restaurant Row include Truluck’s and The Blue Fish.
2. West Lands Centre, formerly known as the Superior Business Park, is a 46-acre tract with a few existing tenants along FM 1488 near Lakes of Windcrest. Halberdier Real Estate acquired the property in July and plans to begin construction to revamp the site and nearby vacant land with Class A mixed-use development featuring retail and office space in the second half of 2016.
3. Presales began in 2015 for Treviso at Waterway Square, a luxury highrise in The Woodlands. The 24-story development will be constructed in Town Center with 86 residences and a variety of upscale amenities.
4. Halberdier Real Estate plans to break ground on a 20.2-acre mixed-use tract near the new NorthGrove at Spring Creek master-planned community on FM 2978 south of The Woodlands in the second half of 2016. Both Halberdier projects have garnered interest from a convenience store, gas station, casual dining restaurants and high-end storage users, founder and president Trey Halberdier said.
5. Grand Central Park is a 2,046-acre project under construction in Conroe along Loop 336 and I-45. Johnson Development Corp. is developing the project to feature 500 homes in the West Village, 112 acres of retail space at 336 Marketplace, an urban living sector, town center with shopping, dining and entertainment, and a business center with office space. Construction on the homes could begin in early 2016, and 336 Marketplace could open in late 2016. Other phases of development will follow
in the coming years.
6. The 385-acre ExxonMobil corporate campus within master-planned community Springwoods Village is completed. It has the capacity to hold up to 10,000 employees and includes a 100,000-square-foot wellness center.
7. Vintage Creek, a mixed-use development on Gosling Road, could see tenants move in during the first quarter of 2016. The development has 70,000 square feet with about 75 percent designated as office space and 25 percent designated as retail and dining.
8. The 17-acre mixed-use development Augusta Woods Village is under construction on Kuykendahl Road. The 21,000-square-foot development will feature retail and office space.
9. Coventry Development Corporation will break ground on CityPlace and The Market at Springwoods Village before the end of 2016. CityPlace is a mixed-use development located in the center of Springwoods Village while The Market is a retail center.
10. Food truck park Bernie’s Backyard opened in July, providing a diverse collection of food options, such as Italian cuisine, chicken tenders and burgers. By the end of 2016, owners hope to add a banquet hall and monthly farmers market.
11. Construction is expected to begin on mixed-use development Hardy North Business Park this summer. The 40,000- square-foot development is located on a 40-acre parcel.
12. Wulfe & Co. will begin construction this spring on a 50,000-square-foot development in The Woodlands near the East Shore community. The development will feature two stories of retail and office space along with a four-story parking garage.
13. The 13-story luxury hotel The Westin The Woodlands is expected to open in late February at 2 Waterway Square. The new hotel, which is adjacent to Waterway Square, features 302 guest rooms and a number of upscale amenities. The Westin The Woodlands also features meeting and event space, including the 6,000-square-foot Edgewater Ballroom.
14. Embassy Suites The Woodlands/Hughes Landing held a grand opening celebration Jan. 7. The new hotel, at 1855 Hughes Landing Blvd., features 205 rooms and a number of amenities, such as a fitness room, infinity pool, restaurant, bar and meeting space.
15. Construction was underway in 2015 on the Marcel Commons retail center near FM 1488 and Carriage Hills Boulevard. The 54,583-square-foot center will feature new shops, restaurants and medical options when complete by early 2016. Tenants include Adventure Kids, Noodle House, Sammy’s Grill, Zamani Grill and Signature Smiles.
16. Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital is undergoing a $17.4 million renovation of its emergency room, which is expected to be completed in 2017. Additionally, a $25 million expansion of the hospital’s east tower is underway and will add 57 more beds to the facility.
17. Construction is moving forward on the upcoming Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital. Completion of the medical office is set for early 2016, and the full-service hospital is expected to be complete by mid-2017.
18. Metro Park Village is expected to begin construction in Shenandoah by early 2016. The mixed-use development could include construction of multifamily units, retail, restaurants, a theater and a limited-service hotel.
19. H-E-B Spring Creek Market opened in June in a shopping center across from the upcoming Grand Parkway. A number of new tenants also opened within the same shopping center through 2015.