Early voting begins April 22. To cast a ballot, voters must be registered at least 30 days prior to the date of the election—or by April 4. A completed and signed application is also required by this deadline for those who have had recent name and/or address changes.
Citizens can confirm their voter registration status by searching at the Harris County tax assessor-collector and voter registrar’s website or at the Texas secretary of state’s website.
Visit www.harrisvotes.com for voting locations, sample ballots and other important information.
Registration eligibility laws require applicants to:
- be at least 18 years old;
- be a United States citizen;
- not have been determined by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote; and
- not have been finally convicted of a felony—or if convicted, have fully discharged the sentence, completed a period of probation ordered by any court, or have been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote.
Those who have not yet registered to vote have several options:
- Visit any Harris County Tax Office location to submit a completed, signed form 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Download and print an application in English, Spanish, Vietnamese or Chinese.
- Request an application online from the Texas secretary of state.
- Request to have a paper application mailed to you via email at email@example.com. Be sure to provide a mailing address and phone number with your request.
- Call 713-274-8683 to be assisted in English, Spanish, Vietnamese or Chinese.
- Pick up an application at your local U.S. post office, library, high school, Texas Department of Public Safety site, Texas Health and Human Services Commission and other government offices.
Completed applications can be mailed at least 30 days prior to the election to:
Ann Harris Bennett
Tax Assessor-Collector & Voter Registrar
PO Box 3527
Houston, TX, 77253-3527