Several local business announcements were made throughout the month of May in Cy-Fair.
1. Aloha Poke Co.: The poke place will be opening in mid-September in Fairfield’s Town Center at 29040 Hwy. 290, Ste. A05, Cypress. Aloha Poke Co. offers a range of proteins such as seafood, chicken, or tofu, to cater to any dietary needs.
2. Cafe ZunZun: A new European-style coffee shop opened at 12716 Telge Road, Cypress, on Memorial Day weekend. The roastery facility is made from sustainable materials.
3. EJ’s Pizzeria: The new pizzeria launched in mid-May with a ghost kitchen concept. The new location is now at 12710 Telge Road, Cypress, and exclusively offers delivery services.
4. Lambeau’s Sports Bar & Grill: Two couples announced plans to open the new sports bar in mid-July at 13131 Louetta Road, Cypress. The menu will highlight quality sports bar fare and fresh ingredients with a modern twist.
5. Houston Methodist Cypress Hospital: The new hospital will feature 400 beds and is expected to open in 2024 along Hwy. 290. This will be the regional hospital system's ninth hospital campus.
6. Juanita’s Mexican Kitchen: The local family-owned restaurant opened on May 3 at 29110 Hwy. 290, Ste. 500, Cypress. It offers enchiladas, seafood, fajitas and other Tex-Mex specialties with homemade tortillas.
7. The Texas BBQ Lab: Relocating from Grant Road, the barbecue restaurant is slated to open at 13251 Jones Road, Houston, the second weekend in June. The Texas BBQ Lab takes inspiration from North Carolina-style cooking, featuring cooked whole hogs as a main staple.