Several documents are required to complete the process, including:
- a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics;
- a current immunization record;
- a government-issued photo ID for the child’s parent or legal guardian;
- two forms of proof of residency reflecting the parent or legal guardian’s name and street address including a.) either a current lease, Harris County Appraisal District records verifying homeownership, mortgage statement or closing documents and b.) a current gas, water or light bill;
- a Social Security card for each child if available; and
- a report card or transcript from the child’s last school for students registering for sixth or ninth grade.
Parents will be asked to create a PowerSchool Enrollment account, login and complete registration forms online. Learn more or register your child at www.cfisd.net/cfisdregister.