Texas Workforce Commission data released last week showed claims were down about 33% between March 18-April 18 and April 15-May 16.
See a breakdown by ZIP code below of claims filed between April 22-May 23:
- 77040: 1,273 claimants (4.8% of the workforce)
- 77064: 1,375 claimants (5.1% of the workforce)
- 77065: 1,063 claimants (5.1% of the workforce)
- 77070: 1,435 claimants (4.9% of the workforce)
- 77095: 1,991 claimants (5.0% of the workforce)
- 77429: 1,962 claimants (4.4% of the workforce)
- 77433: 2,385 claimants (6.0% of the workforce)
Statewide, 603,429 individuals filed claims from April 22-May 23. Full-service restaurants, support activities for oil and gas operations, elementary and secondary schools, general medical and surgical hospitals, and department stores were the most affected job sectors during that time frame, according to state data.
Unemployed individuals looking for work can visit www.workintexas.com to find job openings in their area.