By Aug. 31, the community had seen 12,830 total confirmed cases—including recovered and active cases. This is a 50% increase in cases from Aug. 1, when the region had seen 8,547 total cases.
Active case totals were mainly flat during the beginning of August and began trending downward by midmonth.
Additionally, 53 Cy-Fair residents died from the virus in August. ZIP code 77065 had no new deaths during the month of August, and 77449 had 14 deaths related to COVID-19.
See a breakdown by ZIP code below to find out which parts of the community saw higher case counts throughout month:
- 77040: 277 new cases, five deaths
- 77041: 170 new cases, four deaths
- 77064: 228 new cases, nine deaths
- 77065: 152 new cases, no deaths
- 77070: 198 new cases, three deaths
- 77084: 612 new cases, seven deaths
- 77095: 409 new cases, five deaths
- 77429: 417 new cases, three deaths
- 77433: 571 new cases, three deaths
- 77449: 1,249 new cases, 14 deaths