This number is a slight decrease from the numbers of unemployment insurance claims filed between April 1-May 2 and March 25-April 25.
See a breakdown by ZIP code below.
- 77040: 1,652 claimants (6.2% of the workforce)
- 77064: 1,834 claimants (6.8% of the workforce)
- 77065: 1,486 claimants (7.2% of the workforce)
- 77070: 1,941 claimants (6.7% of the workforce)
- 77095: 2,758 claimants (6.9% of the workforce)
- 77429: 2,703 claimants (6.1% of the workforce)
- 77433: 3,272 claimants (8.2% of the workforce)
Statewide, 780,748 individuals filed claims from April 8-May 9. Full-service restaurants, support activities for oil and gas operations, elementary and secondary schools, hotels and motels, and general medical and surgical hospitals were the most affected job sectors during that time frame, according to state data.
Unemployed individuals looking for work can visit www.workintexas.com to find job openings in their area.