See a breakdown by ZIP code below:
- 77040: 2,098 claimants (7.8% of the workforce)
- 77064: 2,354 claimants (8.7% of the workforce)
- 77065: 1,886 claimants (9.1% of the workforce)
- 77070: 2,500 claimants (8.6% of the workforce)
- 77095: 3,466 claimants (8.7% of the workforce)
- 77429: 3,600 claimants (8.1% of the workforce)
- 77433: 4,213 claimants (10.5% of the workforce)
About 5,120 of the individuals who filed were ineligible for assistance at this time.
Statewide, 1.04 million individuals filed claims from March 25-April 25. Full-service restaurants, dentist offices, temporary help services, department stores, and hotels and motels were the most affected job sectors during that time frame, according to state data.
Unemployed individuals looking for work can visit www.workintexas.com to find job openings in their area.