1. House of Pies: The bakery’s fifth location is slated to open this fall at the former location of PDQ, 25686 Hwy. 290, Cypress. In addition to pies, cakes, cheesecakes and other baked goods, the eatery also offers an extensive menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. Mex Taco House: Mex Taco House’s second location held a grand opening in late March at 25410 Hwy. 290, Ste. B-1, Cypress. Menu items include tacos, tortas, gorditas, tostadas and quesadillas, and dishes feature handmade flour and corn tortillas.
3. Nothing Bundt Cakes: A new location opened in early March at 9822 Fry Road, Ste. 170, Cypress. The bakery offers bundt cakes in various sizes and flavors, including classic vanilla, chocolate chocolate chip, white chocolate raspberry, red velvet, confetti, carrot, lemon, marble and pecan praline in addition to rotating seasonal flavors.
4. Karma Kolache: The gourmet kolache shop’s fifth location celebrated a grand opening in early March at 10211 Cypresswood Drive, Ste. 100, Houston. Alongside specialty kolaches, cinnamon rolls, apple fritters, cake doughnuts, breakfast sandwiches and coffee drinks are also on the menu.
5. Fajita Pete’s: Construction on a new location of Fajita Pete’s is progressing at 13201 Fry Road, Ste. 120, Cypress. The eatery is known for its grilled chicken, beef, vegetable and shrimp fajitas, and the menu also includes queso, fresh salsas, quesadillas, enchiladas, tacos and desserts.
6. The Market: Tomball-based The Market will offer home decor, gifts and craft supplies at its second location, which is slated to open in April at 16326 Mueschke Road, Ste. E4, Cypress. Officials said this location will focus more on DIY supplies and project workshops.
7. Bach to Rock: The music school opened March 22 at 13215 Grant Road, Cypress. Lessons are available for all ages and skill levels on various instruments, including guitar, piano, drums, voice, violin and trumpet, among others.
8. Uptown Beauty Supply: A new 12,000-square-foot location opened in early March at 16317 FM 529, Ste. A, Houston. The retailer carries a variety of products, including hair dye, hair pieces, skin care, makeup and hair styling appliances.
9. Ogle School: The newest location of Ogle School opened in late February at 12974-A Willow Chase Drive, Houston. Classes prepare students for careers in the beauty industry with full-time and part-time schedules available, and services performed by students are available to the public.