7 Hwy. 290 lane closures affecting Cy-Fair drivers this weekend, Nov. 15-17

The Texas Department of Transportation has announced several lane closures planned in the Cy-Fair area this weekend. (Courtesy Fotolia)

The Texas Department of Transportation has announced the following lane closures planned along Hwy. 290 this weekend. For the most up-to-date information, visit www.my290.com.

Freeway closures

Hwy. 290 westbound from Fairbanks N. Houston Road to W. Little York Road

Three outside lanes will be closed nightly from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. through Monday, Nov. 18.

Hwy. 290 westbound entrance ramp from Tidwell Road:

Total closure nightly from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. through Monday, Nov. 18.

Hwy. 290 westbound exit ramp to Gessner Road

Hwy. 6 northbound from north of Copper Grove Blvd. to Hwy. 290

Total closure from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6, to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 30, 2020.

Hwy. 290 eastbound detour: Stay on Hwy. 6 northbound to the Hwy. 290 eastbound connector ramp.

FM 1960 northbound detour: Exit to the northbound frontage road to Hempstead Road and turn right onto the Hwy. 290 eastbound frontage road. U-turn at N. Eldridge Parkway back to the Hwy. 290 westbound frontage road to FM 1960.

Hwy. 6 southbound from Hwy. 290 to Jackrabbit Road

Detour to the Hwy. 6 southbound frontage road to the Hwy. 6 southbound main lanes.

Street closures

Jackrabbit Road westbound at Hwy. 6

Total closure from 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6, to 5 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 30.

Hwy. 6 southbound detour: Head east on Jackrabbit Road to West Road and turn right on West Road to Hwy. 6.

Hwy. 6 northbound detour: Head north on Hwy. 6 toward Hempstead Road to the Hwy. 290 eastbound frontage road and U-turn at N. Eldridge Parkway.

Jackrabbit Road westbound at Hwy. 6

Total closure until 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 30, 2020.

FM 1960 detour: Head west on Jackrabbit Road to the Hwy. 6 northbound frontage road toward Hempstead Road. Turn right on Hempstead Road to the Hwy. 290 eastbound frontage road and U-turn at N. Eldridge Parkway.
By Danica Lloyd

Editor, Cy-Fair

Danica joined Community Impact Newspaper as a reporter in 2016. As editor, she continues to cover local government, education, health care, real estate, development, business and transportation in Cy-Fair. Her experience prior to CI includes studying at the Washington Journalism Center and interning at a startup incubator in D.C., serving as editor-in-chief of Union University's student magazine and online newspaper, reporting for The Jackson Sun and freelancing for other publications in Arkansas and Tennessee.