March 31-April 23: See a musical
Stageworks Theatre is presenting “Urinetown,” a musical produced on Broadway about greed, love and revolution.
- 7:30 p.m. (Fri.-Sat.), 3 p.m. (Sun.)
- Stageworks Theatre Garza Mainstage, 10760 Grant Road, Houston
- 281-587-6100. www.stageworkshouston.org
The Houston Public Library is showcasing an exhibit that documents the history, lives and contributions of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community in Greater Houston. The “Our Vibrant AAPI Community” exhibit offers a panoramic view of Asian immigrants and their descendants.
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (Tue.-Sat.)
- Julia Ideson Building Gallery, 550 McKinney St., Houston
- 832-393-1313. www.houstonlibrary.org
March 30-31: Shop at the boutique pop-up market
The City Market will feature over 60 merchant booths during the spring shopping event, including classy jewelry, home decor, gifts, gourmet foods and more. The Houston Junior Forum expects more than 2,000 visitors at its pop-up market, which serves as a major fundraising event. The event has a preview party on March 30.
- 6:30 p.m.-9 p.m. (March 30), 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (March 31)
- $25 (general admission ticket price at door)
- Bayou City Event Center, 9401 Knight Road, Houston
- 713-545-0711. http://thecitymkt.org
The Easter Bunny arrives at Katy Mills and will be available for photos until Sunday, April 8. Katy Mills is hopping into spring with special bunny events, including Caring Bunny, Tea Time with the Easter Bunny and Pet Photos.
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m. (Fri.), 10 a.m.-8 p.m. (Sat.), noon-6 p.m. (Sun.)
- Prices vary
- Katy Mills Mall, 5000 Katy Mills Circle, Katy
- 281-644-5000. www.simon.com/mall/katy-mills
This spring, City Place will be home to Houston's Magical Winter Lights, the largest lantern festival of its kind featuring vibrant elements of flora and fauna. The display will be located near City Place's waterfront and will be illuminated nightly at dusk.
- City Place, 1250 Lake Plaza Drive, Spring
The city of Conroe is hosting its Mr. Bunny event, where there will be photo opportunities with the Easter Bunny followed by an egg hunt. The egg hunt will be separated by ages. The event is open to ages 18 months-10 years.
- 10 a.m.-noon
- Free (admission)
- Carl Barton Jr. Park, 2500 S. Loop 336, Conroe
- 936-522-3900. www.cityofconroe.org
Cy-Fair ISD is holding the 10th annual Superintendent’s Fun Run for staff, students and community members. The yearly event raises money for the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation, which provides scholarships for further education to graduating high school seniors.
- 8-11 a.m.
- $25 (nonstudents), $20 (students)
- 8877 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress
Attendees of the annual Good Oil Days Oil Boom Festival can celebrate the city of Humble’s history while enjoying live music and perusing a variety of food trucks and local vendors along Main Street. The event will also feature a beer garden, raffle opportunities, a plant sale and children’s activities.
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Main Street, Humble
- 281-446-4140. www.goodoildays.com
An artisan market is being held at B-52 Brewing Co. The child- and dog-friendly event will include over 70 artisan vendors, craft beer, live music, food trucks and a photo booth.
- Noon-5 p.m.
- Free (admission)
- B-52 Brewing Co., 12470 Milroy Lane, Conroe
Katy Heritage Park will offer historic home tours. It features a 1927 time capsule from Katy, a home decorated like the early 1900s, and the Katy post office that was in operation in the ’20s and ’30s.
- Noon-4 p.m.
- Katy Heritage Park, 5990 George Bush Drive, Katy
- 281-377-5710. www.katyheritagesociety.com
The Cleft Smiles 5K Family Fun Run/Walk will take place at Rob Fleming Park in The Woodlands. All proceeds from this event will be used to provide medical care to financially disadvantaged children born with cleft lip and palate. The event is open to children and adults.
- 8:30 a.m.
- $20-$35 (registration)
- Rob Fleming Park, 6055 Creekside Forest Drive, The Woodlands
The Funky Junque Market will include more than 120 vendors selling items, such as women’s clothing, children’s items, homemade decor, food items and fashion trucks.
- 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- $5 (entry), free (veterans and teachers)
- Lone Star Convention Center, 9055 Airport Road, Conroe
- Facebook: Montgomery County Funky Junque Market
Texas Master Chorale’s spring concert, “For Love of Country,” will feature patriotic tunes including “America the Beautiful,” “Battle Hymn of the Republic,” “God Bless the USA” and “Armed Forces Salute,” among others. Admission is free for active-duty military, first responders and students with a school ID.
- 7:30 p.m.
- John Wesley Church, 5830 Bermuda Dunes Drive, Houston
- 281-351-9818. www.texasmasterchorale.org
Daughters and mothers can enjoy a royal morning tea with refreshments, crafts, games and photos at the annual mother-daughter tea event. Preregistration is required.
- 10 a.m.-noon
- Rob Fleming Recreation Center, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive, The Woodlands
- 281-516-7348. www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov
The Parkinson’s Friends and Family 5K Fox Trot will include a 3.1-mile walk through the greenbelt in Kingwood Lakes. In line with the event’s “Be a Hero” theme, children are encouraged to dress as their favorite hero. Prizes will be awarded to those who raise the most funds, and Starbucks and snacks will be available on-site.
- 9 a.m.-noon
- $35 (per individual); $50 (per family of five or less), $10 (per additional family member)
- Kingwood Methodist Church, 1799 Woodland Hill Drive, Houston
The Woodlands Christian Academy’s Warrior Color Run includes options to run a 1K or 5K race. Spectators spray runners throughout the course, covering them in a rainbow of colors for the finish line.
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- $25-$35 (registration)
- The Woodlands Christian Academy, 5800 Academy Way, The Woodlands
- 936-273-2555. www.twca.net
The Easter Bunny will be posing for photo opportunities. The event will include cookie decorating, crafts, raffles and giveaways.
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Free (admission)
- Harvest Market, 2295 Woodforest Parkway N., Montgomery
During the East Montgomery County Improvement District’s annual Eggcellent Event & Spring Mini-Market, attendees can peruse local vendors while children hunt for Easter eggs. There will be four Easter egg hunts starting with children with disabilities and those age 2 and younger at 10 a.m., followed by ages 3-4 at 10:30 a.m., ages 5-7 at 11 a.m. and ages 8-12 at 11:30 a.m.
- 9 a.m.-noon
- Ford Stadium, 22784 Hwy. 59, Porter
- 281-354-4419. www.emctx.com
As part of Black Restaurant Week, a series of regional cultural events is planned with the aim of supporting Black-owned culinary businesses in Houston. For its eighth year, BRW will revisit its "More Than Just a Week" campaign with over 70 local businesses.
- Times and locations vary.
- Cost varies per restaurant.
- [email protected]