According to a letter send to the CISD community March 5, the district enters Level 2 when there are cases of the virus in the region but not the local area. Level 2 entails communicating with the Montgomery County Health Department, parents and staff as well as potentially limiting traveling, large gatherings and visitors to campuses.There are three levels—Level 1 is for no reported cases in the area and Level 3 is for reported local cases.
The letter also states all CISD-sponsored international travel to and from the district is canceled, not including trips organized with outside agencies.
CISD's spring break runs from March 9 - 13.
The district described several practices to prevent contracting the illness, including
- Washing one's hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- Avoiding touching one's eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Staying home when sick
- Regularly disinfecting frequently touched objects or surfaces
- Harris County confirmed two cases of the virus March 5 from residents traveling from Egypt. A third member of the trip was reported March 4 to possibly have contracted the virus in Fort Bend. There are currently no confirmed cases in Montgomery County.