- The court approved an amendment to an agreement with the Houston-Galveston Area Council that provides $43,000 in additional funding for training at the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. The original agreement was approved on April 11 of this year.
- The court approved a notification of default on a tax abatement agreement with Forest Ridge Office Condominiums.
- The court approved a $400,000 increase in the Montgomery County Animal Shelter funding. The request from shelter officials was originally for about $798,000, but commissioners approved half the amount stating they wanted more time to review the shelter budget.
- Commissioners approved $50,000 in funding for a new courier vehicle for the Montgomery County Library System. The existing vehicle is no longer operable and library officials said the cost of repair was too great to justify.
- Commissioners appointed James Brown as the new director of the Conroe-North Houston Regional Airport. Current director Scott Smith retires on Friday.
Animal shelter funding, new airport director: 5 things to know from Montgomery County Commissioners Court, July 25
The Montgomery County Commissioners Court, from left: nJames Noack, Jim Clark, Judge Craig Doyal, Mike Meador and Charlie Riley
Montgomery County Commissioners Court approved a number of different agenda items during its Tuesday meeting.