Tammy McRae, Montgomery County tax assessor-collector, said in a March 20 news release that the workshops will discuss how the property tax system works, real estate market trends, 2023 notices of appraised values, property owners' right to protest, tax rates, deadlines and payments.
According to data from the Montgomery Central Appraisal District, the average market value of properties in Montgomery County spiked 29.8% from 2021-22. In May 2022, Community Impact reported that the average market value for properties within Conroe ISD boundaries rose 27.4% from 2021-22—following a 9.2% increase overall from 2017-21—and 34.3% within Montgomery ISD boundaries, following a total increase of 12.89% from 2017-21.
According to previous reporting, the average market value for properties with homestead exemptions increased by no more than 11% year over year in Montgomery County since 2011.
All workshops are held from 6-7:30 p.m.
- March 27: East Montgomery County Senior Center, 21679 McCleskey Road, New Caney
- April 3: City of Conroe Council Chambers, 300 W. Davis St., Conroe
- April 4: North Montgomery County Community Center, 600 Gerald St., Willis
- April 5: West Montgomery County Community Center, 31355 Friendship Drive, Magnolia
- April 11: Lone Star College Community Building, 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands