Here is what you need to know about Kroger in Montgomery:
1. Kroger donated $500 to Montgomery County Food Bank as part of the company’s effort to fight hunger across the county. Kroger Corporate Affairs Manager Joy Partain said Kroger has had a partnership with MCFB for years, as “food banks are often on the front lines for families experiencing hard times.”
“[The MCFB] serves an average of 35,000 individuals every month,” Partain said. “That is a statistic that is heartbreakingly high, and we are grateful to the food bank for doing that mission.”
2. Over 300 jobs were created with Kroger’s opening, Partain said. Of the 310 jobs, 100 positions were filled by Kroger transfers, and 210 positions were newly hired employees.
3. Locally-owned products are sold at Kroger, including Klein Bros. sauces, Lone Star Goat Cheese, wine selections from Cork This! Winery in Montgomery and craft brews from Southern Star Brewery.
Shannan Reid, Montgomery Director of Economic Development, said the city has seen Kroger as a “catalyst” for future “inevitable growth” in the area.
“As city leadership, our folks have really been wrapping their head around how to grow smarter,” Reid said. “We’ve wanted to be particular and purposeful in things that come here, and for things that make sense for Montgomery.”
4. Kroger Pharmacy offers back-to-school vaccinations, including meningitis and flu shots, as well as a variety of other inoculations like tetanus and pneumonia shots. Full health care screenings and coaching programs are available to help visitors manage their health, cholesterol, fitness and diabetes. Appointments are taken on a walk-in or call-ahead basis.
5. Customers can use ClickList to pre-order groceries and get curbside pickup beginning next week. Customers can use the online system to create their grocery list and choose a time slot for picking up the groceries.
20168 Eva St., Montgomery
Hours: 6 a.m.-1 a.m. Sun.-Sat.
Correction: A previous version of this article stated an incorrect donation amount to Montgomery County Food Bank.