As the coronavirus outbreak continues to affect residents across the country, Montgomery County has been tracking cases by ZIP code. As of April 15, there are 331 positive cases in the county.
Among the six ZIP codes in the Conroe and Montgomery areas, ZIP code 77356, which covers most of the county north of SH 105 and west of Lake Conroe, has the most confirmed cases locally at 23. Many ZIP codes in south Montgomery County have between 17-46 cases.
ZIP code 77356 was home to 26,753 residents in 2018, according to the 2018 U.S. Census Bureau's American Community Survey five-year estimates. The survey found about 24% of the area’s population was 65 years old or older, which is within the high-risk category for COVID-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Here are the case number ranges for the Conroe and Montgomery area, per the latest available data April 15.
- 77301: 19 confirmed cases. This includes 17 active cases and two recoveries.
- 77302: 10 confirmed cases. This includes seven active cases and three recoveries.
- 77303: 12 confirmed cases. This includes nine active cases and three recoveries.
- 77304: 13 confirmed cases. This includes nine active cases and four recoveries.
- 77306: three confirmed cases. This includes two active cases and one recovery.
- 77316: 12 confirmed cases. This includes four active cases and eight recoveries.
- 77318: three confirmed cases. This includes two active cases and one recovery.
- 77356: 21 confirmed cases. This includes eight active cases and 13 recoveries.