- Council members deferred discussion of a request by Municipal Utility District No. 1 to incorporate 5.9 acres of additional land into the district.
- Council denied a request by Signad LTD for an amendment to the city's Digital Billboard Conversion Agreement, which was approved by council in July 2013. The request would have allowed the company to retain a billboard on Hwy. 75, which needs to be removed under the agreement.
- City Council approved a proposal from Bleyl Engineering for construction management of a Windsor Lakes lift station project. City officials said Bleyl Engineering designed the project and that contracting with the engineering firm will free time for city staff to manage oversight of other projects.
- The city approved a resolution to provide water and sewer services to a proposed Dollar General store at 12419 FM 1314. The property owner has agreed to be annexed as a part of the process. The expense will be paid for by the property's developer, city officials said.
- The council deferred discussions related to the fiscal year 2017-18 operating budget and capital improvement program budgets.
- The council approved an eight-year property tax abatement agreement with Memstar USA Inc. The company will make membranes for water purification, most of which will be exported to China and India, according to city officials. The company is expected to create 75 new jobs over four years with an average salary of $60,000.
- The city approved a $1.5 million grant between the Conroe Industrial Development Corp. and Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County. The grant helps the organization funds construction of water and sewer infrastructure that will serve homes built in the Cedar Creek neighborhood in Conroe.
support local journalism become a community patron Community impact Newspaper's mission is to build communities of informed citizens and thriving businesses through the collaboration of a passionate team. Consider supporting our journalism efforts by becoming a Community Patron today.
join us become a community member Community Members have access to our e-edition and can sign up for our daily e-newsletter
7 things to know from Conroe City Council meetings July 26-27
Conroe City Council meets biweekly per month to discuss a variety of issues.
Conroe City Council met July 26 and 27 for its regular workshop and action agenda meetings. Topics included oversight of a lift station construction project, providing water and sewer infrastructure to new areas, and an abatement for a new company opening operations in Conroe.