Amore Fine Dining & Spirits: Seafood restaurant looks to grow in new venue

Owner Alfred Limani presents a grotto house salad ($12). (Andy Li/Community Impact Newspaper)

The frutti de mare ($25) has mussels, shrimp and calamari. (Andy Li/Community Impact Newspaper)
(Kaitlin Schmidt/Community Impact Newspaper)
After two years of serving seafood to the Montgomery area, Amore Fine Dining & Spirits is looking to relocate to a much larger venue.

Alfred Limani and his wife, Vjosa Berisha, opened Amore in 2017 with a third partner, but the two took over full management and ownership in October of that year. Although the business is now going well, Berisha said the original period of transition was difficult, and she even needed her 80-year-old parents’ help.

“It was so emotional that very often on my way here from home, I would cry,” Berisha said. “When business started to grow and customers were loving it every day, my heart was exploding from happiness.”

Limani said when the restaurant first opened, the menu had a lot of fried items, including onion rings and french fries.

But now, it is much more refined, with fresh vegetables and more authentic Italian food, he said.

Berisha said Amore is well known for its seafood and pastas, such as shrimp scampi. But she said all of the menu items are fairly popular.

“Our menu is great. ... It’s very

simple and very nice,” Berisha said.

Berisha said longtime friends and customers Kay and Gilbert Bazan have begun working on a new location for Amore, which they plan to open in early 2020.

“They are bringing such a gorgeous building, and they are giving us such a wonderful opportunity to grow,” Berisha said.Berisha said the new venue will be located at 14860 Hwy. 105 W., Montgomery.

She said the new location will have a 150-seat capacity and an outdoor patio with an additional 50 seats and a full bar. The new location will also have a piano, a VIP section and a meeting room.

“The new Amore is going to be completely, very high, fine dining,” Berisha said. “It’s something different ... than what is in the area. Completely different style.”

The restaurant has also hired an Italian food consultant to improve and expand the menu with a wider wine selection and more authentic Italian dishes. Berisha said they will keep the restaurant’s favorites dishes, but hope to expand and improve other dishes.

“The prices are not going, much, to change. We will strive to have even better quality [and] more dishes, but the prices, we hope, will not increase,” Berisha said.

Amore will continue serving customers from its current location until it officially moves.

Berisha said she and her husband have been “blessed” by the love and support of the community as the restaurant has grown.

“You put your heart here, and God takes care of it,” Berisha said.
By Andy Li
Originally from Boone, North Carolina, Andy Li is a graduate of East Carolina University with degrees in Communication with a concentration in Journalism and Political Science. While in school, he worked as a performing arts reporter, news, arts and copy editor and a columnist at the campus newspaper, The East Carolinian. He also had the privilege to work with NPR’s Next Generation Radio, a project for student journalists exploring radio news. Moving to Houston in May 2019, he now works as the reporter for the Conroe/Montgomery edition of Community Impact Newspaper.

Oak Ridge High School held graduation for an audience of family members in two ceremonies with social distancing measures in place. (Courtesy Conroe ISD)
Teachers, parents express concern about what 2020-21 could hold for Houston-area schools

As school districts throughout the Greater Houston area begin to release details about what in-person and virtual learning options will look like in the fall, questions remain for local parents and educators.

online
Gov. Abbott: Texas Education Agency to extend online learning option for school districts in 2020-21 school year

Texas school districts may be able to continue online learning for longer than three weeks, according to Gov. Greg Abbott.

Conroe ISD released its guidelines for on-campus instruction for the 2020-21 school year. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
What we know about Conroe ISD's on-campus instruction

How will students arrive on campus? Will they have to wear masks during instruction? How will lunchtime work? Here is Conroe ISD's guideline for what school on campuses will be like in the fall.

Walmart and Sam's Club leaders announced in a press release July 15 all stores nationwide will require shoppers to wear a face covering beginning July 20. (Courtesy Walmart)
UPDATED: Kroger joins Walmart, Sam's Club in requiring face coverings in all stores

Additionally, all Walmart stores will have a single entrance beginning July 20.

The Texas Renaissance Festival returns to Todd Mission for its 46th season Oct. 3. (Courtesy Texas Renaissance Festival)
Texas Renaissance Festival to offer limited number of date-specific tickets July 18; face masks encouraged during 46th season

Should the festival season be canceled amid the coronavirus pandemic, all tickets will be honored for the 2021 festival season, or guests may request a refund, according to festival information.

Eric Yollick and Vince Santini were the two Republican candidates vying for the Montgomery County's 457th Judicial District judge. (Ben Thompson/Community Impact Newspaper)
UPDATE: Vince Santini wins Republican runoff for Montgomery County's 457th district court judge

With all election day precincts reporting, Santini has garnered 78% of total votes.

Gov. Greg Abbott ordered Texans to wear face masks in public beginning July 3. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Montgomery County commissioners: Voluntary compliance best way to reduce COVID-19 spread

However, the county reported its largest daily increases in active and total COVID-19 cases July 14, along with two additional deaths related to the disease.

New research shows the coronavirus can survive for much longer in the air than previously determined. (Graphic by Justin Howell/Community Impact Newspaper)
UTMB experts say COVID-19 airborne transmission is responsible for rapid spread; virus lasts more than 12 hours in air

Two infectious disease experts from the Bay Area gave an update on the coronavirus and current research efforts July 14.

The county experienced its largest-yet single-day active and total case increases July 14. (Community Impact staff)
Montgomery County sees highest daily active, total COVID-19 case count increases July 14

A total of 359 new COVID-19 cases and two deaths were reported July 14.

Montgomery County Food Bank volunteers welcome and serve residents at a mobile food distribution site in east Montgomery County. (Courtesy Liz Grimm/Montgomery County Food Bank)
Montgomery County Food Bank distribution up 163% from last year

The Montgomery County Food Bank has distributed nearly 3.5 million pounds of food in around four months.