Amore Fine Dining & Spirits: Seafood restaurant looks to grow in new venue

Owner Alfred Limani presents a grotto house salad ($12). (Andy Li/Community Impact Newspaper)

The frutti de mare ($25) has mussels, shrimp and calamari. (Andy Li/Community Impact Newspaper)
(Kaitlin Schmidt/Community Impact Newspaper)
After two years of serving seafood to the Montgomery area, Amore Fine Dining & Spirits is looking to relocate to a much larger venue.

Alfred Limani and his wife, Vjosa Berisha, opened Amore in 2017 with a third partner, but the two took over full management and ownership in October of that year. Although the business is now going well, Berisha said the original period of transition was difficult, and she even needed her 80-year-old parents’ help.

“It was so emotional that very often on my way here from home, I would cry,” Berisha said. “When business started to grow and customers were loving it every day, my heart was exploding from happiness.”

Limani said when the restaurant first opened, the menu had a lot of fried items, including onion rings and french fries.

But now, it is much more refined, with fresh vegetables and more authentic Italian food, he said.

Berisha said Amore is well known for its seafood and pastas, such as shrimp scampi. But she said all of the menu items are fairly popular.

“Our menu is great. ... It’s very

simple and very nice,” Berisha said.

Berisha said longtime friends and customers Kay and Gilbert Bazan have begun working on a new location for Amore, which they plan to open in early 2020.

“They are bringing such a gorgeous building, and they are giving us such a wonderful opportunity to grow,” Berisha said.Berisha said the new venue will be located at 14860 Hwy. 105 W., Montgomery.

She said the new location will have a 150-seat capacity and an outdoor patio with an additional 50 seats and a full bar. The new location will also have a piano, a VIP section and a meeting room.

“The new Amore is going to be completely, very high, fine dining,” Berisha said. “It’s something different ... than what is in the area. Completely different style.”

The restaurant has also hired an Italian food consultant to improve and expand the menu with a wider wine selection and more authentic Italian dishes. Berisha said they will keep the restaurant’s favorites dishes, but hope to expand and improve other dishes.

“The prices are not going, much, to change. We will strive to have even better quality [and] more dishes, but the prices, we hope, will not increase,” Berisha said.

Amore will continue serving customers from its current location until it officially moves.

Berisha said she and her husband have been “blessed” by the love and support of the community as the restaurant has grown.

“You put your heart here, and God takes care of it,” Berisha said.
SHARE THIS STORY
By Andy Li

Originally from Boone, North Carolina, Andy Li is a graduate of East Carolina University with degrees in Communication with a concentration in journalism and Political Science. While in school, he worked as a performing arts reporter, news, arts and copy editor and a columnist at the campus newspaper, The East Carolinian. He also had the privilege to work with NPR’s Next Generation Radio, a project for student journalists exploring radio news. Moving to Houston in May 2019, he now covers the Conroe Independent School District, Montgomery City Council and transportation.

montgomery high school storage building
Montgomery High School to convert storage unit into indoor baseball, softball batting cages

“It’s going to be a very functional facility that [our athletes] could go to every day,” MISD Athletics Director Clint Heard said.

SJRA Lake Conroe lowering Jan. 21
San Jacinto River Authority presents facts on lake lowering, listens to concerns from Lake Conroe, Lake Houston residents

Hundreds of residents attended to voiced their opinions on the temporary seasonal lowering;

The crawfish seller has no storefront but offers pickups in Conroe. (Courtesy 3C's Crawfish)
3C's Crawfish now open in Conroe

The business sells crawfish from Louisiana.

The spa held a soft opening Jan. 10. (Courtesy Southern Secrets Med Spa)
Southern Secrets Med Spa now open in Conroe

The spa offers various aesthetic and functional medicine procedures, in addition to men's and women's sexual wellness.

Conroe ISD board President Datren Williams listens to a public comment. (Andy Li/Community Impact Newspaper)
Conroe ISD approves Stockton rezoning, full-day pre-K, calendar for 2020-21 school year

Assistant Superintendent Of Elementary Education Debbie Phillips said the district received five applications and ultimately decided it could open for full-day pre-K in the 2020-21 school year without private partners.

Woodforest National Bank is coming to the Woodforest development. (Rendering courtesy Total PR)
Woodforest National Bank to open in Woodforest

The bank will offer a range of banking services for consumer and commercial customers and will also include Woodforest Wealth Strategies.

J.J. Hollie, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce president (center) is flanked by Montgomery County officials, representatives and community members at the dedication of a portion of I-45 on Jan. 17. (Vanessa Holt/Community Impact Newspaper)
Legislators, community members gather to dedicate portion of I-45 to The Woodlands founder George P. Mitchell

A portion of I-45 in Montgomery County is now designated the George P. Mitchell Memorial Highway in honor of the local entrepreneur who founded The Woodlands in 1974.

Chauncy Glover (center) accepts an award from Ann and T.J. Wilkerson. (Andy Li/Community Impact Newspaper)
Montgomery celebrates the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.

Organized by local nonprofit Dr. MLK Jr. Community Improvement Organization, the seventh annual Community Celebration featured various performers, including the Lake Creek High School choir, singer Sister Katherine Houston and the Praise Dancers.

Annual community info: City of Willis

Annual community info: City of Willis

Annual community info: City of Montgomery

See how Montgomery's demographics have changed in recent years.

Annual community info: City of Conroe

Check out changes in population, rent and mortgage and education levels.

Back to top