Notably Yours: Wedding planner gives support, guidance for couples' big day

In 2016, owner Carolyn Hall opened Notably Yours, which provides planning and coordination for major events such as weddings or corporate celebrations. (Andy Li, Community Impact Newspaper)

Most couples book planning and coordination six months in advance. (Andy Li, Community Impact Newspaper)
Hall works with several local vendors to provide everything from music to food to flowers. (Andy Li, Community Impact Newspaper)
Hall provides day-to-day support as a planner as well as day-of logistics as a coordinator. (Andy Li, Community Impact Newspaper)
For many couples, their wedding is a special and memorable event. At Notably Yours, a wedding and event planning service in Conroe, it is a meticulously planned process, owner Carolyn Hall said.

Hall opened her business in August 2016 after being laid off from the oil and gas industry, but Hall said she started event planning in high school, helping friends organize weddings as a side business that lasted through her young adulthood.

“I have always loved helping people with their day, and every wedding is different,” Hall said.

For her first two years, Hall worked from home, but in 2018 she moved to her current location on Davis Street and hired Kari Reyes to help with events. Although weddings are Notably Yours’ focus, Hall said she and her team have started breaking into planning corporate events and celebrations.

“I know it’s a little different than weddings, so we want to get as much knowledge as we can on that. But at the same time, it’s very similar,” Hall said.

Reyes said the business has helped 71 weddings so far in 2019, as of Oct. 18. Although most weddings are booked six months in advance, Reyes said some couples come to them two years before their wedding, and some call them just three weeks before the date. Hall said the Montgomery County is a popular wedding site because it is far enough away from Houston to feel like a destination, and the more rural community feels relaxed for many couples.

Hall operates as both a wedding planner and a coordinator. She said a planner will walk a couple through the entire process, while a coordinator will handle day-of logistics.

Although a wedding planner and coordinator can seem like an extravagance for some people, Hall said a wedding is such a significant moment in people’s lives it deserves to have someone guiding it who knows what they are doing.

“If you’re going to invest a year and a half planning an event, protect your investment. Get someone who understands every single possible thing that could possibly go wrong,” she said.

Notably Yours, 2912 W. Davis St., Ste. 140-H, Conroe. 936-703-5083. www.notablyyours
By Andy Li
Originally from Boone, North Carolina, Andy Li is a graduate of East Carolina University with degrees in Communication with a concentration in Journalism and Political Science. While in school, he worked as a performing arts reporter, news, arts and copy editor and a columnist at the campus newspaper, The East Carolinian. He also had the privilege to work with NPR’s Next Generation Radio, a project for student journalists exploring radio news. Moving to Houston in May 2019, he now works as the reporter for the Conroe/Montgomery edition of Community Impact Newspaper.

Honor Cafe opened in downtown Conroe on July 13. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
Honor Cafe now open in donwtown Conroe

The military-themed cafe offers a variety of classic American dishes.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, shown here in March, announced July 13 the U.S. Department of Defense would provide additional resource to help Texas combat COVID-19. (Brian Rash/Community Impact Newspaper)
Department of Defense task forces deployed to help Texas combat COVID-19

Gov. Greg Abbott announced July 13 the U.S. Department of Defense would provide more resources to Texas to combat the rise of COVID-19.

A Cy-Fair ISD employee distributes meals via curbside pickup for district students during the summer. (Courtesy Cy-Fair ISD)
Community Impact now seeking feedback from parents, teachers regarding 2020-21 school year

Help us adequately cover local education by submitting feedback here:

The store opened July 10. (Courtesy Combat Zone Nutrition)
Combat Zone Nutrition now open in Conroe, serving shakes, herbal energy teas

Try the Mermaid herbal tea, made with an orange base and blue sweet tart.

Willis ISD released its preliminary plan for welcoming students back to campus in the fall, as well as options for remote learning. (Community Impact Newspaper staff)
Willis ISD lays out plan for fall instruction

Families will have until July 24 to make their decision about whether their student will learn through on-campus or remote instruction.

Texas Commissioner of Education Mike Morath announced in a June 30 State Board of Education meeting that students will be taking the STAAR in the 2020-21 school year. (Courtesy Pixabay)
Education organizations call for STAAR requirements to be waived another year

Gov. Greg Abbott waived the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness, or STAAR, testing requirements in March of earlier this year in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

With a clinical background in internal, pulmonary and critical care medicine, Corry has been with BCM for 20 years. He now focuses primarily on inflammatory lung diseases, such as asthma and smoking-related chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases. (Graphic by Ronald Winters/Community Impact Newspaper)
Q&A: Baylor College of Medicine's Dr. David Corry discusses immunity, vaccine production amid COVID-19 pandemic

Rapid development and distribution of a vaccine worldwide and successful achievement of herd immunity will be key players in determining the lifespan of the COVID-19 pandemic, said Dr. David Corry, a professor of Medicine in the Immunology, Allergy and Rheumatology Section at Baylor College of Medicine.

The county's active case count rose July 10 after three straight days of declines. (Community Impact staff)
Montgomery County adds 40 active COVID-19 cases, reaches 3,000 cumulative cases July 10

Five new hospitalizations and 87 new recoveries were also reported July 10.

The new partnership will provide on-site, same-day testing and results for assisted-living facility staff and their residents. (Courtesy Adobe Stock)
State announces partnership for increased COVID-19 testing for patients, staff at assisted-living facilities, nursing homes

These test sites will help the state work toward the goal of processing up to 100,000 tests in the first month.

Texas Medical Center reports only 4% uptick in ICU bed use despite continued COVID-19 case increases

Compared to 1,350 total intensive care units in use June 30, Texas Medical Center has seen only a slight uptick in occupancies since then, with 1,394 reported July 9.

When interest rates are low, homeowners may look to save money by refinancing, which means getting a new mortgage with a better term or interest rate to lower payments. (Source: Matt Frankel/Community Impact Newspaper)
Refinancing a home, police departments address protests: Popular news this week from Greater Houston

Read popular stories from the Greater Houston area on Community Impact Newspaper’s website.