City Hall and the Bellaire City Library will be closed the rest of the day Sept. 22, while municipal court dockets are cancelled and the court service windows are closed. Police and fire services remain operational.
The update cancellations join other city services that were cancelled earlier because of the storm, such as solid waste and recycling, which are not running Sept. 22 nor Sept. 23.
Also, announced Sept. 21, the Bellaire LIFE Advisory Board meeting scheduled for Sept. 24 has been cancelled, while the voter registration drive has been rescheduled for Sept. 25. The Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Blood Drive scheduled for September 23, meanwhile, will be rescheduled. The blood drive set for Sept. 25 is still on schedule.
The city reported the following high water locations as of 9 a.m. Sept. 22:
- South Rice Avenue/Fournace Place
- South Rice Avenue/Elm Street
- East/West Service Road at Bissonnet Street
- Bissonnet Street/1st Street
- East/West Service Road at Bellaire Boulevard
- Bellaire Boulevard/South Rice Avenue
- East/West Service Road at Fournace Place
- Holt Street, between Avenue B and Newcastle Street
- Beechnut Street at South Rice Avenue
- Bayou, between South Rice Avenue and service road