Here are eight of the most recent news stories from Leander and Cedar Park.
1. Sunday’s southwest Austin blast may have been triggered by trip wire
It is the fourth explosion in the city since March 2. Overall, two people have been killed and several injured as a result of the explosions.
2. Amid MetroRail construction delays, Capital Metro launches updated schedule
Capital Metro halted work March 8-9 for South by Southwest Conference & Festivals and announced a new schedule would begin March 19 that could alleviate heavy construction delays.
3. Leander City Council denies zoning request for Chapman Parks development in west Leander
Leander City Council unanimously turned down a rezoning request for a development in west Leander that was proposed to hold up to 1,200 homes during its Thursday night meeting.
4. Cedar Park chamber, city to collaborate on green business initiative
The Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce and the city have been exploring developing a green business initiative to encourage local businesses to develop environmentally-friendly practices.
5. Here are 6 proposed Leander ISD superintendent performance goals for the 2018-19 school year
Next year’s proposed superintendent performance goals were presented to the Leander ISD board of trustees
6. Robin Bledsoe Park in Leander to gain bodyweight fitness court
Leander Parks and Recreation Director Mark Tummons told City Council during a Thursday night meeting that the city was selected to receive a $10,000 grant from the National Fitness Council and a $5,000 credit from Sports Floor Material to build an outdoor bodyweight fitness court.
7. GALLERY: Cedar Park rocket company Firefly Aerospace offers peek into its operations
Firefly Aerospace, a Cedar Park-based company that produces small satellite launch vehicles, gave tours of its facilities Tuesday to industry professionals, members of the media and attendees of the South by Southwest Conference & Festivals.
8. Austin Regional Spelling Bee announces EISD, LTISD, LISD final participants
The West Austin Chamber of Commerce and Scripps National Spelling Bee announced the final participants for the Austin Regional Spelling Bee, which will be held Sunday, March 25, at the ZACH Topfer Theatre.