DART’s Discount GoPass Tap Card pilot-program was launched to ensure riders have access to jobs, health care and educational opportunities, according to the release. Discount Tap Cards can be used on any DART bus, GoLink or light rail.
Those who participate in the following programs are eligible for discounted fares:
- Children’s Health Insurance Program, or CHIP;
- Texas Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF;
- Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program, or CEAP;
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP;
- Housing Choice Vouchers;
- DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas program;
- Medicare; and
- Texas Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, or Texas WIC.