NCTCOG seeks input on Mobility 2045, affecting Dallas-Fort Worth-area cities

1

The North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking input on the Mobility 2045 plan before it goes before the NCTCOG Regional Transportation Council in June.

Mobility 2045 is a 20-plus-year plan for regional transportation that includes projects in every Dallas-Fort Worth area county, including Collin, Denton, Dallas and Tarrant counties.

The planned projects include extending, widening or modifying roadways, such as the Dallas North Tollway, SH 114, US 75, I-35E and SH 121. The plan also includes potential transit corridor projects, such as high speed rail and high-intensity busing.

At an Arlington public meeting Tuesday, NCTCOG staff said the council would not be responsible for implementing these plans but would work with local entities, such as city governments, to support and provide funding for these projects.

Funding for all the proposed projects totals about $135 billion.

To provide input on the Mobility 2045 plan, email mobilityplan@nctcog.org. Another public meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Richardson Civic Center, 411 W. Arapaho Road, Richardson. Click here for more information about Mobility 2045.

NCTCOG is an association of local governments serving a 16-county region. The council helps local governments plan and coordinate regional development.

Share this story
1 comment
COMMENT

Leave A Reply

Lindsey Juarez
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.
Back to top