TxDOT looking into projects on I-635, SH 121

0

The Texas Department of Transportation is planning updates to its Unified Transportation Program, which include improvements to two major highways in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

The Texas Transportation Commission will vote on these updates during its March 28 meeting.

The purpose of the updates is to identify and plan projects for the most congested roadways within Texas’s largest metropolitan areas, TxDOT spokesperson Bob Kaufman said during a conference call Wednesday.

The projects under the planned updates include:

• I-635 from Miller Road to west of SH 78, which will be available for construction contract bidding in 2020
  • I-635 from west of SH 78 to I-30, which will be available for construction contract bidding in 2020
  • SH 121 from SH 114 to the Dallas County line, which will be available for construction contract bidding in 2019
Share this story
COMMENT

Lindsey Juarez
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.
Back to top