Transportation updates

0

Transportation updatesStonebrook Parkway

Road construction is nearly complete to extend Stonebrook Parkway from Fighting Eagles Lane to Longhorn Trail.

One eastbound and westbound lane of the roadway opened to traffic in August between the Dallas North Tollway and Legacy Drive. However, construction will not be complete until October.

The new roadway will be six lanes wide.

The east protion of the roadway from DNT to Preston Road has already been widened to six lanes and is open to traffic.

Timeline: October 2015 (west portion), complete (east portion)
Cost: $17.75 million (west portion), $13.38 million (east portion)
Funding sources: city of Frisco, TxDOT, North Central Texas Council of Governments

Dallas Parkway widening

Another lane will be added to the northbound and southbound sides of the Dallas North Tollway frontage road. Work will also be done to improve the intersections at Warren Parkway and Lebanon Road. Construction will take place in three phases.

Phase 1 will begin widening work on the inside portion of Dallas Parkway and begin work on at the intersections. Phase 2 will begin widening work on the outside portion of the roadway. Phase 3 will replace the landscape and irrigation systems.

Timeline: October-TBD (Phase 1), January 2016-TBD (Phase 2), July 2016-TBD (Phase 3)
Cost: $8.73 million
Funding sources: city of Frisco, Collin County

Rockhill Parkway extension

Construction is more than halfway complete to extend Rockhill Parkway between Preston Road and CR 26. The new six-lane roadway project will include a new bridge and retaining walls.

Timeline: December 2015
Cost: $8.94 million

Custer Road widening

Construction is scheduled to begin in September to widen Custer road from four lanes to six lanes. The project spans from SH 121 to Stonebridge Drive.

Timeline:  September 2015-TBD
Cost:  $6.62 million
Funding sources: city of Frisco, Texas Department of Transportation, NCTCOG, Collin County

Other transportation projects

Project description

Estimated timeline

Construction is scheduled to be complete in September to widen Main Street from Preston to Custer roads from two lanes to six lanes.

June 2013-
September 2015

Construction is underway to extend 4th Army Drive from Lebanon Road to the driveway entrance of Stewart Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.

July 2015-
December 2015

Gaylord Parkway and John Hickman Parkway are being extended as part of construction for The Star and other
mixed-use developments along Dallas North Tollway.

July 2015-
September 2016

Construction is about 35 percent complete to widen US 380
from five lanes to six lanes from Lovers Lane to Custer Road.

October 2014-
June 2016

Share this story
COMMENT

Lindsey Juarez
Lindsey has been involved in newspapers in some form since high school. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2014 with a degree in Journalism. While attending UTA, she worked for The Shorthorn, the university's award-winning student newspaper. She was hired as Community Impact Newspaper's first Frisco reporter in 2014. Less than a year later, she took over as the editor of the Frisco edition. Since then, she has covered a variety of topics and issues important to the community, including the city's affordable housing shortage, the state's controversial A-F school accountability system and the city's "Bury the Lines" efforts.
Back to top