Dallas Symphony Orchestra to perform in Southlake

0

The Dallas Symphony Orchestra is returning to Southlake on Jan. 18 for a night of music from Vivaldi, Rozsa, Tchaikovsky and Schubert.

Now it it’s third season, the “DSO on the GO” concert season is bringing the entire symphony orchestra to White’s Chapel United Methodist Church for a performance full of popular and recognizable classical pieces.

“We are very happy to be returning to Southlake and White’s Chapel,” said Dallas Symphony Orchestra President and CEO Jonathan Martin in a news release. “We hope that the community enjoys hearing the DSO in their own neighborhood. We’ve always received such a warm welcome from the residents of Southlake, and we’re happy to be back.”

The concert is sponsored by the National Endowment for the Arts, The Ebby Halliday Companies, The Arts Community Alliance and the Southlake-based Apex Arts League.

“Apex Arts League is looking forward to the return of the DSO to Southlake. Hearing our world class symphony close to home is truly an honor and a ‘not to be missed’ event”, said Terri Messing, chair of APEX Arts League in a news release.

The orchestra will perform Concerto for Four Violins and Strings in B Minor by Antonio Vivaldi, Andante for Strings by Miklos Rozsa, Finale from Serenade for Strings by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, and Symphony No. 5 by Franz Schubert.

The concert is Jan. 18 at 7:30 p.m. at White’s Chapel United Methodist Church located at 185 S. White Chapel Blvd.

Tickets are $19 for general admission, $15 for Apex members and senior citizens and $9 for students and children. Tickets can be purchased at the door or by calling 214-849-4376 or visiting www.mydso.com.

Share this story
COMMENT

Kyle G. has been in the newspaper business since 2006. A graduate of The University of Texas at Tyler, he filled nearly every position with the student-run newspaper, The Patriot Talon. After moving to South Dakota, Kyle G. became the senior city government reporter for the Watertown Public Opinion, a daily newspaper serving a community of 20,000 residents. Kyle G. is now the editor of the Grapevine/Colleyville/Southlake (GCS) edition of the Community Impact Newspaper. He covers transportation, business, city and education news.
Back to top