The City Council meets at 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of the month
- Colleyville City Hall, 100 Main St., Colleyville
Meetings are broadcast live on Verizon channel 16 and Time Warner channel 15. Replays air at 6 p.m. on the Thursdays and Sundays of meeting weeks. Webcasts also are available at www.colleyville.com.
Top issues for 2012
- Highway 26 — Construction and redevelopment along the main artery through Colleyville continued.
- Water conservation — The severe 2011 drought made water conservation a continuing issue.
- Partnerships with neighboring cities — The city merged its municipal court with Keller's, and combined animal control with Keller and Southlake.
- Business development and redevelopment — The city conducted a survey on daytime population, for use as a tool to attract businesses.
Top issues for 2013
- Infrastructure — Questions about roads, water and sewerage issues kicked off the year.
- Construction and redevelopment on Hwy. 26 — Construction on the city's major thoroughfare is expected to be completed in 2014.
- Year-round water conservation efforts — Despite rains this month, the area is in a drought.
- Colleyville Master Plan — The city continues to follow the plan, which guides development.
Terms and compensation
The mayor and council serve three-year terms with no term limits and without compensation.