The 11th annual North Texas Giving Day is set to take place Sept. 19. To kick off North Texas Giving Week and promote area nonprofits, McKinney is hosting its own event Sept. 14.
At this fiesta-themed event, more than 40 Collin County-area nonprofits will be at Finch Park, located at 301 W. Standifer, McKinney, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. At the event, guests can learn about area nonprofits, local volunteering opportunities and how to get involved in the community.
The event will feature live entertainment, a blood drive, animals, demonstrations, food trucks, games, giveaways and more.
North Texas Giving Day, organized by Communities Foundation of Texas, benefits 20 regional counties over an 18-hour online giving period. The goal is to create awareness and support for nonprofits while also making it easy for donors to give. In 2018, more than $48 million was raised for more than 2,700 regional nonprofits, according to the Communities Foundation website. The public can also participate in North Texas Giving Day by attending events across the region.
Below is a list of nonprofits planning to attend McKinney’s event on Sept. 14, according to Volunteer McKinney. This list may not be comprehensive.
- Blue Caboose Children’s Fund
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County
- Carter BloodCare
- CASA of Collin County
- Crape Myrtle Trails of McKinney Foundation
- Developing Working Hands
- Drug Prevention Resources
- Education Unbound
- Especially Needed
- Grateful Gratitude Hearts Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity of Collin County
- Heard Museum
- Holy Family School
- Hope Clinic of McKinney
- Hugs Cafe Inc.
- LifePath Systems
- Little Hearts of Hope
- McKinney Christian Academy
- McKinney Citizens Fire Academy Alumni Association
- Meals on Wheels Collin County
- MillHouse Foundation
- Mini Hooves of Love Miniature Therapy Horses
- Minuteman Disaster Response
- The National Autism Association of North Texas
- Ovation Academy of Performing Arts
- Pax Recovery Center
- Pearls of Service, Inc.
- Pet Partners of North Texas
- Real Options
- Relationship Experts
- The SALT Connection
- The Samaritan Inn
- SPCA of Texas
- Streetside Showers
- Stronger than Espresso
- Veterans Center of North Texas
- VNA Texas
- Volunteer McKinney