5252 W. University Drive
• Trauma level: III
• NICU level: III
• Total number of employees: 825
• Number of beds: 143
• Telemedicine offerings: Patients may receive Virtual Care using the MyBSWHealth app and choose between a video visit or an eVisit. www.bswhealth.com/virtual-care.
• New programs, expansions: The hospital is updating its fourth floor to include 48 new patient beds, five bed dialysis units and bathroom flooring designed to help reduce falls. The hospital will have a new total of 191 beds when the floor opens in September.
Medical City McKinney
4500 Medical Center Drive
• Trauma level: III
• NICU level: II
• Total number of employees: 1,132
• Number of licensed beds: 257
• Telemedicine offerings: Virtual visits are offered with a clinic physician. The hospital also provides behavioral health telemedicine assessments with a psychiatrist for patients in the ER.
• New programs, expansions: Medical City McKinney is expanding its emergency department and building a three-story patient tower. Construction started in early 2020 and is expected to be complete by December 2021. Additionally, the hospital is expanding is behavioral health offerings and started an outpatient behavioral health program in June. The program offers patients who do not require hospitalization a higher level of care beyond traditional office-based outpatient therapy. More information about the program is available at 972-547-8888.
Methodist McKinney Hospital
8000 W. Eldorado Parkway
• Trauma level: Not available
• NICU level: Not available
• Total number of employees: 288 direct employees, 86 contracted personnel
• Number of beds: 23
• Telemedicine offerings: NA
New programs, expansions: The hospital has made technological advancements that include an upgrade to MRIs and utilizing robotics for surgeries. The hospital offered three different robots, the Mako, Rosa and DaVinci, each capable of multiple procedures across various specialties. Additionally, the hospital has added a new price transparency tool at www.methodistmckinneyhospital.com/patient-info/price-estimator and has added three outpatient physical therapy clinics, bringing its total number of clinics to 12.