1. New affordable multifamily housing project gets green light from McKinney officials
McKinney City Council voted to approve a rezoning request to allow for the development of Palladium McKinney, a 172-unit affordable multifamily housing project, on March 7.
2. McKinney leaders finalize preservation strategies for east side neighborhoods
During a June 20 meeting, McKinney City Council approved the final draft of the East McKinney Neighborhood Preservation Plan, which includes strategies to improve housing quality and affordability in east McKinney.
3. McKinney leaders select new trash collection, recycling providers
McKinney City Council selected Frontier Waste Solutions and Balcones Recycling as the city’s new providers for trash and recycling collection, and recycling processing services at an Aug. 15 meeting.
4. McKinney City Council adopts reduced tax rate, $849M budget for FY 2023-24
McKinney City Council adopted its lowest tax rate in recent history and an $849 million budget at its Sept. 5 meeting.
5. McKinney leaders to partner with local, state agencies for Lower 5 Plaza project
During a Dec. 5 meeting, McKinney City Council approved allocating funding for the design of the Lower 5 Plaza project, which will create a park space with pedestrian connectivity across SH 5 between Louisiana Street and Virginia Street.