Currently, the district provides grab-and-go meals for breakfast and lunch in the parking lots of certain district schools. Beginning April 24, the program will expand to include not only lunch for Friday and breakfast for Monday, but also breakfast and lunch for Saturday, the district announced April 15.
The two additional meals come with approval by the Texas Department of Agriculture and will be offered each Friday through the duration of the district’s closure during the COVID-19 pandemic, the April 15 news release said. These meals are free to any person age 18 or younger.
On Monday through Thursday, the district will pass out that day’s lunch and the next day’s breakfast, and on Friday, it will distribute Friday’s lunch, Monday’s breakfast and Saturday’s breakfast and lunch.
MISD food service provider Aramark has served around 3,000 meals each weekday at the six MISD meal pick-up locations during the school closure, the district reported April 15.
Meals are handed out in the parking lots of the following campuses:
- Webb Elementary School, 810 E. Louisiana St., McKinney;
- Finch Elementary School, 1205 S. Tennessee St., McKinney;
- Vega Elementary School, 2511 Cattleman Drive, McKinney;
- Malvern Elementary School, 1100 Eldorado Parkway, McKinney;
- McNeil Elementary School, 3650 Hardin Blvd., McKinney; and
- Slaughter Elementary School, 2706 Wolford St., McKinney.
For more information, visit this link.