Collin County residents can apply for passports at various post offices as well as passport offices outside Collin County.
Passport offices in McKinney and Plano stopped accepting passport applications in late December following a suspension. This suspension came from the Dallas Passport Agency, a local branch of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, due to an ongoing federal investigation.
The investigation is looking into fraudulent passport documents dating back more than a decade.
While the Collin County passport offices have closed, residents can still apply for passports year-round at the following locations:
- Allen Post Office, 304 W. Boyd Drive
- Frisco Post Office, 8700 Stonebrook Parkway
- Frisco Public Library, 6101 Frisco Square Blvd.
- Garland Main Post Office, 1000 W. Walnut St.
- McKinney Post Office, 550 N. Central Expressway
- Plano Coit Post Office, 3400 Coit Road
- Plano Main Post Office, 1200 Jupiter Road