Passport offices in McKinney and Plano stopped accepting passport applications in late December following a suspension. This suspension came from the Dallas Passport Agency, a local branch of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, due to an ongoing federal investigation.
The investigation is looking into fraudulent passport documents dating back more than a decade.
While the Collin County passport offices have closed, residents can still apply for passports year-round at the following locations:
- Allen Post Office, 304 W. Boyd Drive
- Frisco Post Office, 8700 Stonebrook Parkway
- Frisco Public Library, 6101 Frisco Square Blvd.
- Garland Main Post Office, 1000 W. Walnut St.
- McKinney Post Office, 550 N. Central Expressway
- Plano Coit Post Office, 3400 Coit Road
- Plano Main Post Office, 1200 Jupiter Road