In light of Collin County's passport offices' recent closures, another option for residents in need of passports will become available this week.
During a Collin County Passport event April 24-25, residents may apply for a passport at the Plano Northwest Post Office, located at 3905 Hedgcoxe Road, Plano. To submit an application, residents must visit the post office by appointment only either day from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, email your name, phone number, email address, number of people in your party and your estimated arrival time to [email protected] You may submit a time frame of 9-11 a.m. or 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
While both of Collin County’s passport offices, located in Plano and McKinney, have not been able to accept passport applications since a suspension in late December, there are various facilities in the area for residents to apply for passports year-round, including:
• Allen Post Office, 304 W. Boyd Drive, Allen
• Blueridge Post Office, 301 US 78, Blue Ridge
• Frisco Post Office, 8700 Stonebrook Parkway, Frisco
• Frisco Public Library, 6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco
• Garland Main Post Office, 1000 W. Walnut St., Garland
• McKinney Post Office, 550 N. Central Expressway, McKinney
• Plano Coit Post Office, 3400 Coit Road, Plano
• Plano Main Post Office, 1200 Jupiter Road, Plano
• Richardson Main Post Office, 433 Belle Grove Drive, Richardson