With severe weather predicted for North Texas April 17, several city of McKinney facilities are closing early.
The following facilities will close at 4 p.m. April 17:
- Apex Centre, 3003 Alma Road
- John and Judy Gay Library, 6861 Eldorado Parkway
- McKinney Community Center, 2001 S. Central Expressway
- Old Settler’s Recreation Center, 1201 E. Louisiana St.
- Roy and Helen Hall Memorial Library, 101 E. Hunt St.
Old Settler’s will stay open until the last child is picked-up from the after school program, according to an email from the city.
Some events in McKinney have also been canceled. These events include the Green Seminar at the McKinney Community Center, an active shooter presentation at the McKinney Performing Arts Center and Comic Book Fight Club at the John and Judy Gay Library.
Collin College closed its campuses and canceled classes April 17 at 1 p.m. The McKinney Chamber of Commerce also closed its office at April 17 at 4 p.m.
The National Weather Service said during the late afternoon and evening, the North Texas area could be at risk of severe storms bringing large hail, high-speed winds and possibly tornadoes.
Editor’s note: This article has been updated with additional closures.