Denton County Transportation Authority is working with area cities in Denton and Collin counties on a potential bus transportation service that would run from downtown McKinney to Lewisville’s Old Town with several stops in between.
The DCTA on Sept. 12 presented a proposal to the McKinney Urban Transit District for the commuter service along the SH 121 corridor called Route 70.
According to the proposal, the service would allow for job access by bringing workers into McKinney, as well as giving McKinney residents access to employment opportunities in Denton County.
DCTA is looking to partner with a ride-share service such as Uber or Lyft on this project, in to provide on-demand last mile service within the the drop-off and pick-up areas, according to DCTA.
The proposed “Lyft zones” would include drop-off/pick-up locations in close proximity to other transportation services, such as Dallas Area Rapid Transit and the DCTA A-train, and include destination points in McKinney, Plano, Frisco, The Colony and Lewisville.
The proposed transportation route would be an approximately 40-minute commute one-way from McKinney to Lewisville.
DCTA officials said the next step is to talk to other cities along the route about the potential commuter service and potential stops.
The potential stops that DCTA is considering include access to:
– Downtown/town square (park and ride)
– Medical City of McKinney
– Collin County College
– Sheraton McKinney
– Craig Ranch
– Custer retail area
– Independence Parkway retail area
– Baylor Scott & White medical area
– Coit Road retail area
– Stonebriar Centre
– Preston Village shopping and hotels
– Dr Pepper Ballpark and Dr Pepper Arena
– The Ford Center at The Star
– Future University of North Texas campus
– Hall Park
– Legacy-area retail
– Grandscape, which includes Nebraska Furniture Market, Hard Eight BBQ, Lava Cantina, Rock & Brews, Cheddar’s and Mi Cocina
– Studio Movie Grill
– Paige Road retail development and hotels
– Main Street retail development and hotels
– Standridge Drive retail development
– Toyota Motor North American Headquarters
– Shops at Legacy and Legacy West
– FedEx headquarters
– NTT DATA, Liberty Mutual, Chase office buildings
– UPS office building
– Granite Properties retailers and Hilton Hotel
– Ohio Drive retailers (south of SH 121)
Lewisville Old Town Station
– Old Town city center and City Hall
– MCL Grand Theater
– Twisted Root, Prohibition Chicken, Cavalli Pizza
– Witherspoon Distillery