The runoff election is July 14, and early voting will take place on specific days from June 29-July 10. Polls will be open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. June 29 to July 2. On July 5 locations will be open from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. The following week, July 6-10, polls will be open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
There are five runoff races. On the Democratic ballot are races for U.S. Senator, U.S. Representative for District 24 and Railroad Commissioner. The Republican ballot has races for Justice for the 2nd Court of Appeals District, Place 7, and District Judge for the 431st Judicial District.
On May 11, Gov. Greg Abbott moved the primary runoff date originally scheduled for May 26 to July 14 due to the coronavirus pandemic. Abbott also extended the early voting period for the runoff election from one week to two weeks.
The last day to register to vote for the primary election runoff is June 15. Those interested in applying for an absentee ballot must file an application by July 2.
Here are early voting locations in Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound and Frisco:
- Denton County Southwest Courthouse; 6200 Canyon Falls Drive, Flower Mound
- Shadow Ridge Middle School; 2050 Aberdeen Road, Flower Mound
- Briarhill Middle School; 2100 Briarhill Blvd., Highland Village
- Frederick P. Herring Recreation Center; 191 Civic Circle, Lewisville
- Lone Star High School, 2606 Panther Creek Parkway, Frisco
- Pearson Middle School, 2323 Stonebrook Parkway, Frisco
For a complete list of polling locations and to learn more about the election, visit Denton County Elections at www.votedenton.com.